i'm gonna be an aunt

*amys pov*

after another few hours we finally get to the beach house. the rest of the car ride was perfect, with good music, good conversations and good laughs. we drive up to the parking lot and we see gina and rosa getting out of their car. i put the car in park and we make our way out of the car. "ahh the diaz-linetti family! how are you guys? how was the drive?" jake says smiling helping  me get all the bags out of the car. they tell us they had a good and safe drive and that they are doing well and we tell them the same. "we should head inside and see the room situation" i say smiling closing my car door and locking it. we all walk inside to find the rest of the squad sitting on the couch chatting with a few drinks. "look who finally decided to show  up" charles says laughing and looking at the four of us. we all laugh lightly then look around a little, "what's the room situation?" jake asks looking for a place to set his bags down. "there's two rooms left, one with one queen bed and one with two double beds" terry gets up and smiles. "well obviously the queen bed will go to diaz and gina, so" jake says looking over at me looking as if he wants approval, i nod "so amy and i will just share the double bed room" he smiles and looks at me lightly trying not to make his smile too obvious and i do the same. we make our way down the hall into our room and we each set our bags down on our beds. "this is a cute room, i like it" i say smiling trying to avoid making the situation awkward, although im thrilled to be sharing a room with him and i know this is how ill feel the safest and this is great because i want to spend all my time with him, i can't help but be shy and nervous about it, i cant help but let my mind spiral and overthink. "santiago?" jake says sending me out of my hourly spiral. "is everything alright?" he looks at my concerned and quickly rubs the side of my arm. "yeah, sorry, just zoning out a little bit, im okay" i smile softly and he smiles back at me. "okay ames, lets get a drink, you definitely need one, and when would i pass on the offer to have a drink with you" he says while smiling towards me and placing his hand on my shoulder and his eyes sparkle into mine again. "that sounds like a perfect plan, lets do it" i say back smiling and motioning him to come out of the room with me and for a spilt second while i motion him to follow me our fingers intertwine, i look down at our hands then look up into his eyes and smiles, our eyes and fingers stay locked into each other. after a minute of silence, just our heavy breathing and our fingers being intertwined i snap out of our moment of perfection "so uh... lets, get that drink" i say with a crazy stutter. look at me, i cant even say a simple sentence to him, he takes my breath away. maybe i do love him, like love him love him. but i have so much going on, i don't have time to like him, im overwhelmed, im scared i dont need this, but i cant help it, i cant help but think of him in that way. he smiles at me and opens the door of the room motioning for me to go first.

we make our way to the living room where the squad is all sitting around and having some drinks. "jakey, santiago, there you guys are" charles says smiling handing us both a beer. i look around and notice that gina and rosa aren't around anywhere. "where's rosa and gina?" i ask look at the rest of the squad other than jake because i know he has no idea where they are since he's been with me. "i got it" i smile and walk away from the living room heading to the kitchen where the patio door is. the door is open and the screen is the only thing separating the inside and outside. and i over hear rosa and gina talking. "so the ivf appointment is on the 23rd and then we will double check my fertility and then we can can the process started" i hear gina say and i can just sense her happiness in her voice. i slowly open the screen door and step outside joining them, they quickly look over at me in fear that i may have over heard something. "guys" i say with the biggest smile on my face, "you guys got approved for ivf? that's absolutely amazing! you guys deserve it, oh im sorry if i was ease dropping, or im overing stepping or something" rosa and gina both smile at me. "no, no dont worry, we've been wanting to tell you guys, its just, its just with everything, you know we didn't want to make everything about us, we didn't think it was the right time" rosa says with her smile slightly gone and giving me a serious look. "guys, im so happy for you and you should spread this good news, spread this love and amazingness, we all need it. you should tell the squad, to spread the happiness, and good news, im gonna be an aunt" i smile widely and hug them both. "im gonna be an aunt" i say again smiling even more while they both smile back at me. "i guess we could tell the squad now" gina says looking at rosa smiling and rubbing her back. "yes we can, lets go" rosa says kissing gina on the cheek. "coming santiago?" rosa turns towards me, "ill meet you guys in there, go spread the news" they walk inside and i turn towards the balcony that over looks the ocean.

a few hours go by, everyone has been going in and out of the hot tub, having some drinks and congratulating gina and rosa for their soon to be pregnancy. i join in some conversations here and there and try and stay near jake without being too obvious that he's the only one i want to be next to right now. another couple hours later, after the sunset i go back on the balcony and listen to the ocean crash onto the shore. a few minutes go by and i hear the patio door open and i turn around "jake" i say smiling while he walks up to me and hands me another beer. "hey if you wanna really hear the waves we can take a walk on the edge of the water, just you and me, if, if thats cool" he says taking a sip of his beer and look out at the water as well. i smile and tuck my hair behind my ear, i cant tell if he means for this to be romantic walk or not, but its a late night walk on the beach with only the two of us, how could it not. "that sounds great jake, lets do it" i say smiling and raising my beer bottle towards him for a cheers.

-jj