he makes me laugh

*amys pov*

jake grabs my hand and gives me a smile, "ready?" he smiles once more and squeezes my hand once more. "ready as ill ever be... im a little nervous though i must admit" i chuckle lightly swinging my hand back and forth while jake's follows. "thats okay, im nervous too, but its gonna be worth it, we won't have to hide, and i know the squad will be thrilled for us" he smiles and putting his free hand on my shoulder and giving me a soft smile, i can feel my heart beating out of my chest but for once its not in a bad way, its from excitement and good nerves. "they better be happy for us" i laugh looking at jake as he laughs back. "they will, i know it, charles will freak, rosa will be happy, so will gina, they all will, i promise" he rubs my shoulder softly and smiles. he always knows how to reassure me and make me calm down and not worry, its one of the many things i love about him.

we walk in and we hear the squad laughing, talking, and some even singing along to the radio, they seem to be having a great time. we place our shoes in the entrance than jake grabs my hand again, making our way to the living room where the squad is we hear charles squeal "WHAT!! I KNEW IT!!" he runs up to us pointing at our hands grabbing the attention of the whole squad, "no dude, you definitely didn't" jake laughs while we walk into the living room. the rest of the squad walks up to us with smiles and chuckles expressing their joy for us and how they've "known all along" even though they were definitely all clueless. rosa walks up to jake ad i a few minutes later raising her glass to us. "you finally got your girl peralta" she smiles and chuckles, "now you can stop texting me at all hours of the day about her, or freaking out to me" she jokingly punches his shoulder lightly and smiles back at me. "im kidding, im always here to help jake, and im really happy for you guys, youre meant for each other and i really mean that" she smiles back at us. "thank you diaz, that means a lot, you big softie" jake laughs and smiles "well im gonna be a mom soon, so i gotta start somewhere" she chuckles then walks back to gina and gives her a kiss on her forehead.

"can i get you a drink beautiful?" jake smiles at me and nudges his head towards the drink table. "tequila please" i nod with smile, he walks to the table and grabs me a drink and wake back to me and hands it over to me, "thanks jake" i smile and take it from him. i walk over to the couch and sit down motioning for jake to come sit next to me. as he sits down i set my hand on his thigh lightly and rest my head on his shoulder, and once again i feel like time is frozen and all is right in the world. with him its like everything is right in the world and nothing can go wrong, like every bad thing in the world fixes itself and every problem i have disappears, he gives me butterflies, he gives me power, he gives me love, he gives me strength, he's my whole world, i love him and i like him, he completes me. i love everything he is and i like everything he does. i can sense myself smile like an idiot and i know jake can see me smile. "why are you smiling you big dork?" he says looking at me softly yet with a big smile and chuckle. "oh shut up ya jag, you should know im smiling because of you" i laugh and kiss his cheek, "well well well, lucky you" he says laughing some more, man he makes me laugh.

-jj