𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟮

Start from the beginning

The woman is looking at them and listening to their conversation the whole time, and she must admit she never saw Louis like this. She and Louis know each other for a couple of years, nothing too close or too personal, though she attended the snobby parties Louis' father hosted from time to time, and later she attended a few snobby parties of Eleanor's when she hosted them after the wedding. The lawyer saw the difference between Eleanor and Harry, and she saw the different behaviour in her new client. It fascinated her how Tomlinson acted almost the same although it was so visible how he carries deeper respect and love for the stranger called Harry. He always looked stiff and bored around his soon-to-be-ex, which in some kind of way, the woman is happy for the rich man displayed in front of her now. She may not see the whole story and know what really went on, but she is a big fan of love - which is kind of ironic since she is a divorce lawyer. And she is happy to see her client in love even in such a time like a divorce.

"You know Mr Tomlinson, that's possible, and in that case, we have to deny. You will have to declare it's only rumoured, and Mr Styles is only an artist working for you."

"What if they have pictures of us kissing?"

"They- what?"

"We don't know for how long they followed us-"

"Mr Tomlison," the lawyer whines and strokes her forehead in frustration, "Okay, okay. Let's say they do, and let's say they will release it before the trial. You will hate to come clean then, but you will have to clearly state you did not cheat on Mrs Tomlinson-Calder at any point."

"But I did cheat-"

"No, you didn't. You have to deny that to show you've been a responsible father and husband. That will give us a chance to get your daughter," the lawyer sternly says.

"Eleanor knows I've been cheating," Louis states.

"But not with Mr Styles. If they come up with a possible article and photos with Mr Styles and you kissing, you will have to say it was after she left. I know for sure you weren't spotted kissing anyone in the public during the marriage, that rumours of cheating can be denied unless they bring up a witness. So far I did not get notice of anyone coming of that sort."

"So you already know who is she going to bring to the court to testify against me?"

"Yes, I got the names yesterday."

"Who will it be?"

"In their list is her mother and Liam Payne. Gigi Hadid was invited but she turned it down."

Louis breath hitches. Liam? Liam is going to testify against him? He wouldn't do it, would he?

Louis immediately looks behind to find Harry's jade eyes for comfort, he feels like he can't breathe. The worst thing is, Liam knows everything about him, in the end, they are brothers and they spend years together side by side. Liam even knows about his affair with Harry back in Rome, he knows every single one-night-stand ever since university. If Liam is going to testify against him, he is definitely fucked and he can say definite goodbye to his daughter, there is no way the judge will give him custody or even sharing custody if Liam is going to testify against him.

Louis feels like he is underwater. He can't breathe or think right now, he is only looking into Harry's eyes. Harry sees his lover panicky expression, so he stops cleaning and walks to the living room, "Darling, in and out. Listen to me."

"Mr Tomlinson, are you alright?"

"No, Liam can't come to the court. He can't."

"Unfortunately we can't say who they can or can't bring there. Is there something I need to know?"