𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭

"I can't do this anymore! I'm done."

"What the fuck do you mean?" he asks drunkenly.

"I mean what I said, I'm leaving," she gets up and takes the child into her arms.

"Don't you dare take Penelope from me," Louis growls angrily.

Eleanor frowns at him, "Don't act like the father of the year. You are constantly away."

Louis tries to stand up from Christmas dinner, but his head spins and he can't see much because of the alcohol that runs through his veins. The wife sees how her husband struggles to even stand up from the chair, tears stinging in her eyes. What went wrong in the marriage?

"You are always drunk, or away fucking girls. I never wanted this life. I'm out," her sad face leaves Louis' drunk and angry one, her legs carry her quickly upstairs to pack some necessary things.

"Where do you even want to go? It's Christmas Eve!" Louis screams from the dining table. His hands are shaking from anger and despair. Eleanor can't take his daughter away.

The dim light in the room is not making it any better, it makes Louis tired. The Christmas lights on the huge tree and around the pillars, and Christmas decorations with Christmas songs are trying to make this place look like a cosy home, but it's so far from that.

Nothing can make this place feel like home.

"It's none of your business," Eleanor shows up again fully clothed in her expensive coat, her suitcase in one hand and dressed up Penelope in the other.

"I have the full right to know where you are taking my daughter!" Louis shouts at his wife, the wine glass near him not surviving his anger and being thrown to the ground. The small baby twitches in her mother's embrace, a small whimper follows right after - then she starts to cry.

"You are scaring her," Eleanor says, her voice full of disappointment and hatred, "I am gonna take some hotel room for tonight and fly back to the UK tomorrow."

"No. No, give me my child. You are not taking her from me. You know I love her more than anything," Louis comes clumsily closer, making the brown-haired woman take a few steps back. She is trying to shield her daughter, as well as calm down the throaty crying that her father caused.

"No. You're drunk as fuck. We're leaving. You can invite and fuck some of your side chicks here now. Merry Christmas and happy birthday," Eleanor says the last words and walks to the entrance hall, pushing the lift button.

"Can you fucking stop? It's all your fault! You stopped sleeping with me after Penelope was born! I have my needs!" Louis follows her to the entrance hall, not ready to see his daughter leaving.

"You fucking, selfish dick! I was in the puerperium! But that doesn't matter now," she sighs when the lift opens, walking in with the suitcase, "you'll pay for this all."

The doors close, leaving Louis standing alone in his huge apartment.

___

"Isn't she cute?"

"Yes, she is."

"Look! She is playing with my hair!"

"Yes, Harry I see that," Niall chuckles and takes another mouthful of Harry's Christmas cake.

Harry makes the best Christmas cake in the world - that's what Niall always claims. It's been two weeks since Christmas. Both Harry and Niall went home for the holidays, they weren't able to see each other. However, they managed to come back to Rome after New Years and exchange their gifts, and enjoy Christmas time together even though the holidays ended already.