Love is Quirky (Ch. 3: Water Break)

Mina's eyes grew wide and she let out a shriek of excitement.

"Mina! Hush! Someone's gonna hear you!" you shushed your friend, trying desperately not to be distracted by your reflection that wasn't, well, you.

"I freakin' KNEW IT!" she exclaimed, fist pumping the air.

You couldn't stop staring into your reflection. You got closer to the mirror, leaning against the counter to get as close as you could.

"I can't believe it..." you whispered, still freaking out. As you reached for the mirror, you could see your real hand, but the hand in the reflection was still Shoji's. To be honest, seeing both your real self and your quirk's reflection at the same time was starting to give you a headache.

"I just knew you had a crush on him!" Mina squealed.

Jiro whipped her head to look at the pink girl.

"How do you always know these things?!" she exclaimed.

"I know everything." Mina smirked, crossing her arms.

Your face (Shoji's face?) flushed bright red. You tried to stutter out a response but found no words coming out.

Hagakure grabbed your shoulders and gasped loudly in your ear. "Y/N! Do you know what this means?!"

You shook your head no.

"HE'S! YOUR! TRUE! LOVE!"

Her revelation had both her and Mina once again absolutely screaming at the top of their lungs.

"Hagakure, please! It doesn't mean that!" You begged your invisible friend to keep it down, but she just kept shaking you. Your head was already pounding, and all the shrieking certainly didn't help.

Suddenly, the sound of a knock and Midoriya's voice came from outside the bathroom. "Girls, is everything alright? I heard screaming."

"We're fine, Midoriya! Sorry to bother you!" you quickly shouted.

"O-okay well...be safe!" he said.

"Oh my God, go away Midoriya! This is serious girl business!" Mina scolded him.

The poor green haired boy yelped and muttered out an apology before leaving.

"I-I gotta stop," you whispered, taking one last glance at the mirror before deactivating your quirk. You rubbed at your temples as the headache began to subside. "Let's go back out there, yeah?"

All of you stumbled out of the bathroom and back into the common area, plopping down on the couches. You could feel all the eyes in the room on you. The tension and anticipation hung heavily in the air.

You were the one to finally break the silence.

"Alright girls, I think...I need a little break," you sighed. "Using my quirk on myself gave me a headache. I'm going to go get a glass of water from the kitchen."

"What! But we totally need to talk about this! Come onnnnn!" Mina whined. "You can't just drop a total BOMBSHELL like this on us and leave!"

Uraraka put her hand on Mina's shoulder. "Give her a little break, Mina, I'm sure she's a little overwhelmed."

You smiled. "Thank you Ura-"

"And I'm sure she'll tell us all about how much she loves Shoji when she gets back." she added quickly, a shadow suddenly cast over her eyes as she gave you an almost villainous smirk.

"Urarakaaaa!" you yelped.

The girls just laughed as you ran away to the kitchen, face burning.

You got yourself some water and hopped up on the counter to relax a bit while you rehydrated and tried to calm down. Not even five minutes later, you glanced up when you heard a little knock at the entrance to the kitchen.