"O-Okay..."

"Sorry Tenzo isn't here, but for now i'll do my best to replace him." She smiled at him and closed her eyes, successfully stopping her tears.

"It's okay. Thanks, senpai."

"It's sensei, now."

"Sorry. I'm just not used to it."

"Yeah...

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

"Senpai?"

"What?"

"I already did that tree exercise."

"I know."

"So what am I going to do?" He sent her a closed eye smile.

"Tailed beast control."

"Oh-" She glanced at the three genin and nervously looked back to her senpai.

"But Tenzo-San said-"

"-Not to without him. Don't worry, i'm here." He recalled the papers the hokage had given him which would remove any of her tailed beast power.

"Okay..."

"Let's go." He limped with the crutches, both going out deep into the forest and stopping at a small stream.

"What are we doing here?"

"You're going to meditate on that water."

"M-Meditate?" She laughed. "No way senpai. My leg bounces every time I sit and I need to move." 

"We'll eventually get to that. Just try and stay still."

"Easier said than done."

"Yeah, I know." Many previous events of her hyper behaviour flooded his mind, causing a sweatdropp to fall from his head.

"Anyways, the nine tails might go out of control, so dont use too much of his chakra."

"Oh," She smiled reassuringly. "I wouldn't worry about that."

"What?"

Though he was pleasantly surprised when a bubbly chakra surrounded her figure and a calm smile rested on her face.

Though it only took one minute for her eyebrow to twitch and face pinch in frustration.

Then she fell in the water.

A sigh escaped Kakashis lips as he read the last word in his erotic novel and placed it down, focusing on the girl climbing out of the water.

"See! I need to move!"

"Aki, relax." She huffed and nodded, but her leg was still bouncing.

"Do you have your own way of meditating?" She shrugged and glanced at a tree branch, an idea striking her mind.

"Senpai?"

"An idea?"

"Yeah. What if I do sit ups or something using that branch and then I can meditate!"

'I don't know if that counts but...' Kakashi had learned not to question her strange antics and instead just go with them. After all, no matter how weird they were they always seemed to work for her.

"Sure, kid."

"Alright!"

Doing as she had planned, Maki slowly sat on the branch and wrapped the back of her knees on it.

It was a strange method but it worked for her.

'That scarecrow really doesn't have a clue does he? You can borrow my chakra.'

'Thanks Kurama!'

'Yeah, Yeah.' He grumbled with a small smile. 'Thank me by not dying.'

'I'll do my best for you!'

Maki and Kurama had both attempted bijuu mode awhile ago, and succeeded actually.

The only problem was that her body wasn't strong enough to hold the power yet and she actually ripped her muscle- Which was actually pretty painful.

Kurama managed to heal her before Tenzo noticed, but she made sure not to strain her body for the rest of the day just in case.

  So, they decided to try again once she turned fourteen or fifteen. If everything went as planned, Maki actually wanted to go out and explore the shinobi world, so maybe along the way she could meet a master or teacher who would help with her chakra control.

She was meditating until the sun started to set, and even then she looked so focused that he didn't want to interrupt her.

"Aki!" He called, using the little nickname he'd given her. She didn't seem to hear him the first time, so he called her once again.

"Aki!" His louder shout startled her, making her lose her footing and fall off the tree. She groaned as her back collided against the ground.

"What?"

"It's time to go back."

He red cloak hadn't disappeared yet and so she was sitting there with bubbly chakra surrounding her and the ears of the chakra folded down when she let out a whimper.

"I'll sleep out here."

"No, it's not safe for you."

"Theres so much alcohol..."

"You can sleep in my room with me or Naruto."

She stood up and camly took in a few breaths, slowly letting them out and helping him up.

"I'll even ask them to hide their bottles." Although she would have appreciated the gesture, it also seemed a little selfish since they were staying at the house and were being provided with shelter and food.

"No." She sighed. "It's fine. I'll just sleep with Naruto."

"Alright. Just dont tell Tenzo I let you." Chuckles erupted from the two, already able to imagine the stern expression Tenzo would hold if he found out.

"Deal."