Chapter 37: Topsy-Turvy

Start from the beginning

Momo then asked, "Don't you like scary stuff, though? There are some Haunted Houses here too." She wore a black jacket with large white buttons and white jeans.

"Feels off-season, and besides, I went through both of them enough times when I was younger."

Ochako shivered as she said, "Yeah, it's fine. I say, let's skip those." Izuku guessed she disliked the genre as much as he did.

Shota then joined the others and asked, "Alright, where to first Hagakure-san? You seem to be the expert here."

"Do-Dodonpa!" She then charged ahead with Midoriya in tow. The pair soon came to a stop at the waiting line for the said ride.

"Was that necessary?"

"Oh, it's going to get them into the mood for how fast this one is."

Izuku gave a confused look as he asked, "I thought we were starting with the easy stuff to help Uraraka-chan?"

"This is an easy one, though."

The other then arrived, and Ojiro asked, "What was that for? It's not like the line is long."

Hagakure happily explained, "To show you guys the theme for our first ride. Acceleration!"

At that moment, a loud surge of air came from the coaster platform though the entrance obscured the coaster itself.

Ojiro nervously asked, "H-How much, are we talking?"

Hagakure, "A lot."

"That's not helping."

Ida had a phone in hand and stated, "180 km/h in 1.56 seconds. That indeed is a lot."

Uraraka looked to her friend and asked, "How is this taking it slow?"

"Look, I know it sounds crazy fast, but trust me, Do-Dodonpa is very short. It only has two turns at high speed and one vertical loop. If you can handle the jump in speed, the next two are cake in comparison."

The rest looked to their class president, who looked confused for a second before saying. "Oh, right." He then looked at his phone again and, within moments, nodded. "She speaks the truth. The rest are at least a third slower."

"Well, have fun with that," Aizawa said from beside the line. "I'll be waiting by the exit. I'll hold on to your backpacks." Ida and Midoriya had brought theirs to hold everyone's lunches.

As Izuku gave his pack, he stated, "You should come with us."

Eraserhead held a gaze on his student for a moment before bringing up the index finger on his right hand as he said, "One. I'll do one, but not this one." He then left and eventually sat on a bench by the exit of the ride.

Mashirao chuckled as he said, "Well, that's better than I thought we would get with him."

Momo crossed her arms as she said, "Though we can still do better."

"Maybe we can convince him to do more after he tries one," Ochako argued.

"That depends on how intense they are," Tenya stated while giving Tooru a particular look.

"Everything is going to be fine. We'll wrestle the fun out of him eventually."

From there, the group only had to wait for a few minutes before it was nearly their turn.

Tooru then whispered, "Did you have nothing else to wear?"

"What? I don't have that much winter clothing. Besides, it's not like my jacket is going to get dirty that quickly." Izuku was wearing the same outfit he had on Christmas. Even had the goggles as well.