Chapter 6: Come back... be here

Start from the beginning

I cupped the sides of his cheeks and kissed him deeply making his mouth water for more so he opened his mouth and I explored everything in it. He tasted like baked macaroni but I just didn’t care. Suddenly, I felt something warm and big on my ass cheeks and I stopped and I snickered on his lips. I put my hands on his shoulders and stared at him. He looked away suddenly embarrassed and I chuckled.

“You look cute” I said bluntly while smiling. He stopped holding my waist and he motioned me to stand up and so I did. He’s still not looking at me and I furrowed my eyebrows in annoyance. Did he regretted the kiss? He stand up and made his way to my desk to grab his jacket. He fished out his phone and he texted someone. He put his jacket on and I stood there confused and hurt at the same time.

“Where are you going?” I asked but he’s still not looking at me and that made my heart throbbed in pain.

“I uh… need to go home” He quickly said and bolted out of my room. I just stood there, happy because he finally kissed me, confused because I don’t know if he feel the same way, lonely because I don’t even know if he regretted the kiss or not. Because if he did regret it, I know one thing that will happen to me… and it’s HEARTBREAK… again.

I let out a silent sob and kneeled down on my knees. I can’t believe it’s happening again. The history is repeating itself. Just like when we were 10 years old, when he left me. I pursed my lips and wiped the tears away. I’m mad at myself because if I didn’t let him kissed me, I wouldn’t cry like this. So this is my fault and I deserved this kind of pain.

Suddenly, my phone rings and exhaled some air to make myself calm and collected. I grabbed my phone from my desk and answering the call without looking on the caller ID.

“Hey Spence! Where are you?”

I smiled at Shane’s voice. Nobody but my family and Jasmin knows that I have a… TWIN. Yes, twin, like identical twin. We looked alike. But we dressed and talk different. I always admire Shane’s strength because whenever he’s dealing with heartbreak, he’s just going to suck it up and pretend that it never happened. I hope I have the same strength as him, but no. I’m like a glass that easily breaks.

“Hi Shane! I’m at my room right now why?” I asked him pretending that everything is okay. But it’s not.

“Oh nothing. Bye” He suddenly hang up and I stared at my phone confused. I sighed and put down my phone on the desk and when I turned around, my jaw dropped and my eyes widen.

“SHANE! OH MY GOSH!” I quickly run towards him and hugged him tightly. I can’t believe my twin is here! I missed him so much!

“Uh yeah. You’re crushing my ribs get off me now” He said annoyingly and I let go. I scowled at him and he chuckled.

“What made you visit? Oh and how’s Dad?” I asked and he just rolled his eyes. I wonder what ticked him off this time.

“Don’t start with Dad and his new bitch of a wife” He said while walking towards my bed and he landed himself on it, back-first. I followed him and sit on the side of my bed.

“Okay, what made you visit then?”  He looked at me and smirked. I’m getting the feeling that something bad is gonna happen. Whenever Shane smirks, it means he’s planning something… something idiotic or genius. But even his plan is genius, it will always be idiotic at the end.

“Did you know that I saw the hot guy from you room today? What are you two doing? It seems like he’s in a run so he didn’t see me. Did you two do the jiggle-jiggle frickle-frackle?” He looked thoughtfully at me and I just widened my eyes. I grabbed a pillow and smacked it onto his face making him laugh.