Her father lifted had his hand about to hit Sofi but Camila jumped in the way preventing that from happening.

That was his first time their father attempted to hit the younger Cabello, and Camila would make sure that it would never happen again.

She went to the bathroom and wiped the blood from her lip and eyebrow. There was a large purple bruise forming under her eye. She was practically use to the abuse but nothing made it better. In all honesty, physical pain couldn't compare to emotional pain,

As she cleaned herself up, she went and laid down in the bed with Sofi, who was hugging her stuffed giraffe. She never wants Sofi to get hurt like she does, that would kill her.

**************
Camila walked into school with a hoodie over head and her head hung low. She didn't want anyone to ask questions about the bruises on her face. She covered them as best as she could but it still wasn't enough. It was practically like she got mobbed.

Since her head was down she wasn't really watching where she was going and ran into someone.

She looked up to meet sparking green eyes. "Sorry," Camila mumbled and walked past Lauren looking down, not giving the other Latina a second glance. Confused, Lauren followed Camila into the girls restroom. It was unusual for the younger girl not to say hi to Lauren.

Camila walked in a stall, took a breathe, reached in her backpack for her makeup bag before coming back out only to be met with Lauren again.

"Hey, Camila?" Lauren questioned as the younger girl wouldn't make eye contact, "Hey, I uh-I have to go." She muttered trying to pass Lauren but before she could leave, Lauren grabbed her hand causing her to look up.

Lauren gasped at the sight of Camila's face. Her lip was busted, the right side of her cheek was bruised, there was a small cut above her right eyebrow and a large purple bruise under her left eye.

Camila noticed the look on Lauren's face and bowed her head shamefully. She was embarrassed about the bruises, it made her feel weak.

Lauren lifted Camila's chin and stared into her pained brown eyes. She had no words. She did the only she could think of at the moment and brought Camila into a warm comforting hug.

She wrapped her arms around the younger girl and hugged her tight.

Camila took in Lauren's vanilla scent, a feeling of calmness washed over her as Lauren hugged her. Just from that hug alone she felt safe in Lauren's arms. Her and Lauren may have just started talking 2 weeks ago but she's starting to really like the girl, it may be hard to show it sometimes but she really does.

Lauren pulled back a little to look into Camila's eyes. With Lauren's hypnotizing emerald eyes staring into her, Camila felt weak in the knees.

Lauren's eyes were irresistible, and Camila fell under their spell.

Lauren gently brought her hand to Camila's unbruised cheek and stroked it lightly. Camila subconsciously leaned into Lauren's touch. They barely knew each other but Lauren felt the need to protect the younger girl.

"What happened," she whispered still stroking Camila's cheek. Camila tensed at the question. "I-I fell down the stairs." She replied nervously.

Lauren gave Camila a look that said 'I know you're lying'. "You can tell me," she pressed. Camila sighed and shook her head. Lauren knew she wouldn't get anything out of Camila just yet.

Camila's eyes started to well up with tears, "Hey, it's okay," Lauren said and brought Camila into another hug. "It's not okay," Camila mumbled against Lauren's chest as she clung to the green eyed girl.