Sabine felt like a small ship caught in the middle of a looming storm. The sadness pouring down from the heavens. The furious waves hitting every angle of the hull. The rage heard in the thunder and seen in the lightning. Now, she's a torn apart and lost ship sitting under the depths of the waters. Her only company is guilt swimming around and within herself forever.

   There is also regret. Regret of never being able to be a better parent—a better person—than the one who did wrong. Yet, Sabine now sees that even she has sunk so low and sits at the same level as the person she tried so hard not to be.

   Her brother, Slade Cheng.

   So, Sabine did the only thing she could do to gain back some of her dignity.

   Speak the truth...

   The elder bluenette looked up at Marinette, a frown apparent as she answered, "No, I'm not your real mother."

Tears fell from Marinette's cheeks but her face is still wrinkled with bitterness.

"Then, who...who are you people?" Marinette asked the two women, voice cracking as her misery began to take over. Celine wanted nothing to do but get up and hug the poor girl. Yet, Celine knew better than anyone that that is a bad decision at a time like this.

Especially...when she isn't even Marinette's aunt.

"I'm your aunt and Tom is your uncle. We took you in a few days after you were born," Sabine confessed, "My younger brother, Slade, is your father."

"And my mom?" Marinette spat, making Sabine flinch.

"Your mother..." Sabine began, trailing off.

{+}{+}{+}

"I'm invited to your house?" fifteen-year-old Slade questioned in disbelief, "I thought your parents hated me?"

"I finally convinced them to at least give you a chance. I don't know what it is with my parents needing me to be friends with highly accepting standards but we're going to prove them wrong," Shan chirped, gently punching Slade in the arm. Slade hummed for a moment before a smile settled on his face, "Plus, you can finally meet my siblings."

   "Alright, dude. You've convinced me," Slade gave in, feeling determined to woe over the Tsurugis. Shan nodded, features brightening with excitement and enthusiasm. Slade has a charming personality that wins over many hearts. Shan didn't know if charm is going to be enough but he's willing to take the risk.

   In a matter of days, Slade followed Shan to his house after school. Shan warned his best friend ahead of time about his parents. The things they might say and do, what they're going to be looking for and nitpicking.

   "Are you sure this is the right way?" Slade asked, noticing the houses are getting much larger the farther they walked.

   "Yeah..." Shan confirmed, sheepishly scratching the back of his neck, "...I never really tell a lot of people this but my family is kinda...wealthy."

   "Oh," Slade responded, pursing his lips, "that actually makes a lot of sense on why they're picky on who you're supposed to be friends with."