56. Deja vu

I was standing next to the window, looking at the neatly cut green grass and blue sky with yellow shiny sun, standing in such a colorful world, while my life was black and barely white

One tear roll down my cheek and I wipe it quickly before I start crying and breaking at noon. No, the day isn't the one that breaks me, it's night, a dark night with little shiny stars. Maybe I mentioned that I want one day to rise like the dawn, but I also hope to shine like the stars and maybe meet my mom someday.

My messy and pretty dark thoughts had been interrupted with the phone ring. I struggle to find it while checking all my pockets and then I barely take it from my leather jacket, but as soon as I do I press it against my ear.

"Halo?", I say, still wondering who called me, because I missed the opportunity to see it on ID.

"Hey, Stella!", familiar voice hums from the other side of the line.

"Hey, Chloe." I sit on the bed, trying to find my mask, rummaging through my things, and when I do I put it on my face, even though she can't see me.

"I just... I just wanted to hear your voice that's why I called. Am I interrupting something?"

"No, no." I shake my head, forgetting that she can't see my movements. My hoarse voice reveals my fatigue. My fatigue is impossible to vanish and leave me, for once to let me be fresh and rested. But that is something that I can only dream about, to be rested, with no dark circles and no nightmares to hunt me and ruin my sleep.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Oh, no she sensed my feelings. My broken feelings smashed and shattered with only one sentence Michael's full lips said: What do you think that you're my light?

Yeah, I thought. You know what, I did. Because he was mine. He is mine. So, why the fuck can't I be his damn light? Why he can't see me as a light? And more important, which way he sees me?

"Stella?", Chloe's high-pitched voice takes me back to reality.

"Um... To be honest, no, not really" I admit, scratching my neck, the habit I got from Michael.

Ugh! Why everything reminds me of him? Like my life didn't exist before him. And yeah it didn't. My life wasn't life. It was only survival and breaking every single night, crying my eyes out and shaking till the dawn, then when the sun rises I'd put on my mask and pretend as I was alive, when exactly I was the dead person. Killed by cruel life and demons who were hired to kill me with the strongest weapon, to cause me the most unbearable pain. I was killed by my own feelings which I couldn't control and eventually, they took advantage of me, of their owner.

But when he showed up in my life, he gave it a purpose. My purpose was to discover his secrets and he became my obsession and before I knew it... I was attached to him. When I wanted to let him go, I realized that I couldn't because I was holding onto him. He was the last thing holding me in the life. My last shoot. So if he gives up on me then I'm dead. Again.