Part 1 | Runaway Bride

Start from the beginning

" What !!" both yelled making my ears hurt.

" means within a month and a half, like 45 days !" I nodded at Aditi.

My dad was a business man and when I was born, he had written many crore worth properties in my name along with the ownership rights of a children's home.

" The document says I should be married before I turn 24. Only then I will have access to the property and that after me it will be my decision to whom the property will be transferred." I explained.

Stupid clause, dad!

" Else?" Dhruv raised his brows.

" I don't know, might be auctioned, I guess! " I shrugged.

Mr. Malhotra, who is my dad's step brother is behind me for the property. He forced me to marry his only son, but his intention is no good and I know it very well.

He wouldn't hesitate to even kill me for the property.

Plus why would I marry someone who I don't love!

I mean there is a procedure right...
Meet, become friends, fall in love, then marriage!

" But where will we find a groom in such a short time?" Aditi exclaimed loudly.

" Girl! Shut your mouth.... You are killing our ears!" Dhruv glared at her.

" whatever! Now we need to find a groom. Should we create a profile in matrimonial sites, or you should go for a blind date babes or.... " Aditi kept blabbering thinking out different ways.

Dhruv rolled his eyes and shook his head hopelessly at his sister.
My stomach grumbled in hunger. I haven't eaten the whole day.

" I am hungry" I whispered interrupting her with a sheepish smiled.

" yeah! Let's eat something and then figure out a solution, right ladies? " we nodded.

Dhruv stopped at a nearby dhaba and we got down. The smell of food hit my nostrils making my stomach grumble more.

I can't wait anymore!

----------------------

KARTIK

" Looks like it's gonna rain buddy, good that we took this road. Pretty Empty! " Arjun kept whistling as he drove.

Arjun is my best friend from childhood and my business partner too. We are currently driving back home from a business party.

I hate business party but can't help it being the CEO of a leading company.

" Has the contract with Marco designers finalised? " I questioned him.

" Yeah, all done." I nodded pleased.

Marco designers are quite famous and their works are greatly praised. So they will be a good choice for designing the Interiors of our company's new launch.

That's the only reason?

Yes.

" So you like her right? " Arjun chirruped eagerly.

Damn!

Got you Mr. Oberoi !

" Who?"

" Duh! Who else, Naira Basu! "

Naira...

" No."

" Lair! I can see from the way your react every time you talk to her over phone. My bad, I didn't get to see her yet! " Arjun teased me.

" That's business, nothing else." I tried to justify.

" I have never seen Kartik Oberoi getting nervous while talking to a girl.... " I glared at him.

" unless he is in Love! "

Love? Seriously!

" you know I don't do relationships bro.... And I know her for like 2 weeks only and have seen her only twice my entire life. I know nothing about her! " he chuckled.

" Love has no logic, only magic! " I rolled my eyes at his comment.

" Who knows what the future holds buddy.... " he whistled and continued to focus on the road.

I looked out at the dark starry sky, the night breeze gently brushing my side. So peaceful.

Naira Basu, she works as a leading Architect in Marco. We have met twice over the past 2 weeks and talked over the phone for a few times for the contract.

I really didn't know why, but the way she was interested in this project made me finalise with them. Perhaps the way she loves her profession is attracting me.

I believed.

Okay! I don't know but she has something in her that's attracting me. I am thinking about her frequently nowadays, she just doesn't get out of my Mind.

I just don't get this whole concept of love and relationship. I have seen many women in my life, falling over me, flirting and seducing. They are just Gold diggers!

Love is just not my thing! I don't believe in it's existence. Me falling in love is just... Crazy, that's not happening.

I may like her perhaps, but this is certainly not love....

I am really looking forward for this project. Perhaps I will get a chance to know her better, explore this weird feeling within me.

" Dude, look there...." I was pulled out of my thoughts by Arjun as he pointed at something... Or rather someone.

It was around 8 at night and it was dead empty already. I couldn't see clearly but as we approached closer, I was bewildered.

There stood a young girl in her twenties, dressed in a vibrant red Lehenga embroidered with intricate gold designs. Her long black hair was loosely left open as wavy curls.

" Arjun stop the car." We stopped a few feet away.

I got down immediately to find her running towards our direction, clutching her long skirt. Her anklets and an armful of bangles she wore on her wrists made jingling sounds in the air.

She wasn't really paying attention to her steps as she frequently kept turning her head back to see if someone was following her.

And in a matter of few seconds, her body collided with mine and she landed on my arms. She felt like a perfect fit between my arms. I could feel her panting heavily. The breeze swept her tresses to reveal her face.

" Ms. Naira!? "

My eyes met with her scared ones.

----------------

There you go with the first chapter!
Let me know how it was...

Meet the leads of the story, Kartik Oberoi and Naira Basu...

So Are you interested to read about their journey?

✨ Vote and comment ✨

Stay safe everyone ❤