43: Once Bitten, Twice Shy

Start bij het begin

"That doesn't mean you need to completely remove yourself from his life."

"That's exactly what it means. I can't hang around him without it being weird and Candice would never let me get close to him anyway."

"Candice? She has no power, Tiara! You're the one with the power and you're handing it all over to her. She's trying to bully you and intimidate you and you're letting her! You gotta fight for your man." She advised and I gave a heavy sigh, biting onto my lower lip. I couldn't tell her the real reason why I needed to stay away from Derrek.

I walked over to the fridge in the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of Coca-Cola. I unscrewed the cap and took a sip from the drink. I instantly felt relief as the cool liquid flowed down my throat.

"I've got an idea." Naborhi snapped her fingers and I turned to her worried. Whenever she had an idea, someone always ended up kidnapped.

"We are not kidnapping anyone, Anaborhi!"

"Kidnap—what? Tiara, that was one time. Can you get over it already?" She rolled her eyes and I stared at her, not believing for a second that her plan didn't involve kidnapping. "I'm not kidnapping anyone. I promise. My idea is much more gruesome than that." She smirked, rubbing her palms together in a sneaky way.

"We're definitely not doing it then." I shook my head, declining.

"You haven't even heard it yet." She said as I proceeded out of the kitchen. She followed after me, pitching her idea. "Just hear me out! It's the perfect way to win Derrek back."

"No, thanks."

"Tiara!"

"Okay." I sighed.

"Really?" Her eyes lit up with excitement. I scoffed at her.

"Nope."

"Ugh! You're no fun!" Naborhi scoffed right back at me and I gave her a big fake smile.

*

"It's so weird being here again." I said as Naborhi and I walked into club Matte. I promised myself I would never return but here I was.

"What was that?" Naborhi called, leaning closer to me so she could hear what I'd said. The music was so loud that I could barely hear what she said. I shook my head, telling her to forget it and she gave a nod before proceeding into the club.

I took a deep breath before following after her. I was only here because it was Matt's birthday and he had made me promise that I'd be here to party with him. However, I wasn't going to do much partying as I was not planning on consuming any alcohol.

"Once bitten, twice shy." I muttered as I recalled the events that followed after I had drowned myself with alcohol at this club. Yes, I had gotten myself a fake fiance here and I wasn't looking to get another tonight.

The club was quite packed and I honestly was quite surprised. Matt had said the party was strictly by invitation. How did he know so many people?

Naborhi grabbed my arm as I was still looking around and pulled me out to the dance floor. An afro beat song that I could vaguely remember was on and Naborhi was going off, busting out her best dance moves. I shook my head at her and stood with my arms crossed, watching her.

"Dance with me!" She called out as she walked up to me and I declined, waving my hand dismissively. "Come on! You used to be so fun! Remember fun?"

"I'm not in the mood, Ana." I told her and she rolled her eyes before turning away to continue dancing. There were some girls that happened to be dancing next to her and they practically freaked when they saw her. They must have been fans. She soon started dancing with them and they looked to be having the time of their lives.