A Friend (Tommyinnit) (f&a)

(I'm on an angst train apparently? I didn't know I knew how to write angst.

Tw: derealization, death

Category: angst and fluff

This is sort of a one shot of Tommy deciding Ranboo isn't as bad as he thinks and becoming friends with him after he finds Ranboo enderwalking.)

(Sorry if the enderwalking isn't canonically correct, I'm not caught up on anything since like 2-3 months ago)

_____________________\\\________

Was Tommy the most powerful person on the server?

Admittedly no. Not a chance. Not with The Syndicate and all.

But was he willing to die for something he cared about?

Absolutely. A hundred times over. If Technoblade had taught him anything in their time together, it was how much an act of protection could mean to someone.

And when Tommy was revived, sure, he wasn't thrilled to see Tubbo and Ranboo had gotten married. But after a few weeks of theraPuffy, he became excited at the idea of being an uncle for their son, Michael.

He started swinging by more often and sometimes he had to make up a reason on the way to their house.

The child found that the family dynamic the house held reminded him of... well of the family he used to have.

He was so deep in thought- comparing the two dynamics- that he didn't even noticed he was knocking at Tubbo's door.

"Tommy?" Tubbo asked for about the seventh time, shaking his shoulders.

Tommy jumped back, "Eoi! What the fuck Tubbo? You can't sneak up on a guy like that!"

"But... you're at my house?" Tubbo asked, holding in a laugh.

"Shut up and let me in already." The child grumbled.

Tubbo stepped aside, a smug grin as he let his old friend in.

"Did you get Ranboo back?" Tommy decided this would be his reason.

"What do you mean, 'back'?" Tubbo put Michael down, looking over to the other.

"He was ender walking on the prime path, I thought you knew?"

"Fuck." Tubbo muttered. "Michael stay h- Erm- actually-" Tubbo frantically turned between the two.

"I'll go get your husband." Tommy sighed, resigned.

"You don't h-"

"No I don't have to. But I was the one that saw him last, wasn't I? And then if I don't it's all 'Ah Tommy I can't believe you're such a horrible friend aH.'" Tommy mocked, standing up.

"...Thanks? I guess?" Tubbo asked, picking Michael back up when he lifted his arms to Tubbo.

"Yeah, yeah." Tommy muttered, leaving.

Meanwhile Ranboo just wasn't having a great time. As one wouldn't if they weren't entirely in control of their own body.

He had told Tubbo he'd be quick. To the meeting- in and out- then back home before supper. But he still expected his platonic, yet somehow extreme flirt of a husband to have noticed by now.

The enderman saw himself go through a nether portal, dreading the action already. In his dazed state, he wasn't sure he'd be okay.

He never had this happen before in any of his enderwalks that he remembered. Ground. He needed to ground himself.

But how could he do that when his body found itself directly over a lava lake, just staring into certain doom? His legs swayed back and forth, similar to a branch in the wind. The netherrack under him wasn't exactly stable either.

This couldn't be happening.

Was it a dream?

Maybe a hallucination?

Was he in the panic room?

He felt himself pick up his foot, hovering it above fire-y death. But what about Michael? What about Tubbo? This wasn't fair. The lanky teen just wanted more time. More time with his family. More time to joke about orphans with Techno. More time to get to know Tommy a bit better.

He felt a tear slip out, despite himself not being in control. He felt the searing pain that followed as he braced himself to die.

Instead, he got a steel grip on his shoulder yanking him back quickly. He fell over, and Tommy jumped on top of the boy. "Sorry, Ranboo. I can't let you do that." Ranboo's vision was still clouded with purple, so he knew he wasn't awake yet. But Jesus the relief was there.

He was so grateful, he cried a bit more. But that caused Tommy to panic a bit. "Shitshitshitshit— stop crying! You're hurting yourself, dumb fuck!" He hurriedly grabbed his sleeve, wiping the tears away.

Ranboo took that opportunity to stand, shoving Tommy off and walking back to the ledge.

"The things I do for you and your husband." Tommy grunted, getting up and grabbing the enderman's arm. This time, he actually grabbed the tall boy by his shirt and dragged him back onto the cobblestone path.

"I'm not messing about. What do you use to wake up? Tubbo told me but I can't remember." He muttered as he continued pulling along the dazed enderman.

"サ∑ ῳ◊иɬ ῳ∆к∑ ㄩㄕ ɬサⅰ𐒡 ɬⅰ㎡∑"

"In English, would be lovely." Tommy mumbled.

The boy managed to drag the tall giant back to the portal, pulling him through.

He let out a huff, now holding the enderman down. "Alright. Nothing to jump off of here. Just chill out until I remember." He spoke, but at this point, he was aware he was basically speaking to himself.

But he wasn't. And Ranboo was extremely grateful. He knew Tommy wasn't a huge fan of him; what with him getting sent to exile when Ranboo could've stopped it.

Not to mention he kind of stole Tubbo.

And yet, here he was: keeping Ranboo safe until he regained control of his body. Saving his life for god knows what reason.

After several minutes, his eyes stopped glowing. "Tommy?" Ranboo asked, blinking to clear the purple from his vision.

"Christ dude." Tommy muttered, nearly jumping six feet when he heard Ranboo's voice.

"Thank you." Ranboo smiled warmly, eyes welling up.

"Heyheyhey- don't get all sappy with me, big man!" The child climbed off of him. "You're going to end up making your scars worse."

He offered Ranboo and hand up, which he accepted gratefully. "Tommy how did you know where I was?"

"I didn't to be completely honest." He scratched the back of his neck and the pair started making their way back to the house, "I thought I saw you near the portal earlier today but I figured Tubbo was nearby. Then I stopped by your house and brought it up and he started panicking so—" He shrugged. "-my best guess was the nether."

"Well, thank you- thank you so much."

"Ay man, don't worry about it. If there's one thing I'll do until it kills me, it's protecting my friends. And that's saying something because dying is NOT fun let me tell y—"

"-Friends?" Ranboo asked with a smile.

"Yeah." He extended his hand out and Ranboo gladly took it. "Friends."