My father and Sage had a past and she was simply there to kill him, I don't think I would have been able to do it. She was about to walk away when I called after her and tried to convince her to merge our mafia with hers. She agreed to let us join her, but we would simply be working under her. I wasn't in any position to lead at the time and so I agreed.

After a while, she became quite fond of Matteo and I, and she formed the five. That was when we found our forever family.

The day I was given the title of boss, was one of the happiest days of my life. Not because I gained so much power, but because I realized that Sage really does trust me, enough to give me so much. No matter what she says, I could never repay her.

No one really knows anything about her past, not even to John. I know she started living with Blakes when she was five and about three years later something happened and she left. She came back two years ago, since then she and John have lived together.

Where she was for those seven years in between or who her blood family is, is unknown.

John's father Silas Blake ran the Spanish mafia and when he died his second and third co- took over. No one stepped up as, king because Silas wanted one of his kids to take over. The day Sage came back she took over. Since Sage and he weren't bound by blood, it was frowned upon by members, but Sage didn't give a fuck she needed to carry on his legacy. She just refuses to let John be a part of this and I think it's the right choice. That's all I know, but believe me when I say there's a lot hidden in the shadows.

A 17 year old leading a mafia. I have the title of boss but she runs everything. I'm more of the face, I make alliances and recruit while she actually leads. 

It's no secret that I like her, I might even be in love with her, but I can't ruin what we have now at any cost. I would have made a move on her the first day I met her, but she's special.

I always pictured myself to have an epic love and marry someone that's sweet, kind and pulls out that part of me, but with Sage, I feel a pull to my bad side, like I'm playing with fire. I lose all control and I surprise myself with how I am around her.

In the car, my moment with Sage was perfect. I was so mad at her because she does stupid things and doesn't depend on me the way everyone else does to her. Seeing her be a teenager let alone a human for once makes me forgive her. I have to stop myself from putting any more pressure on her. 

Believe me when I say I am not as lovey-dovey as I seem, but everything changes when it comes to her.

All I want is to take her pain and make it my own because she doesn't deserve it.

At the sound of light snores, I snap out of my thoughts. I look down at her face, and with one look I could tell she's not relaxed. She only feels sane when she's alone.

This might be the only time I see her sleep, so I carefully scoop her into my arms. I keep my arms securely around her, making her head lays her head on my shoulder.

I lay her in the backseat of my car before getting into the driver's seat and driving away. I wish that this night never ended. 

***

I walk inside my house with Sage in my arms. Nobody, but for me, Matteo, and some of my most trusted men live here. I don't have a lot of people working here either, just security and a few maids.

I lay Sage down in my bed, gently putting a blanket over her. I carefully take off her shoes and put her phone and stuff on the end table.

I go to the bathroom and shower. I end up changing into a pair of sweatpants, not bothering to put on a shirt. After that, I climb into the bed across from Sage and let myself close my eyes for the night.

***

I wake up to Sage lightly jolting around in her sleep. I have never seen her in such discomfort, her nails were digging into her palms and her breathing was heavy like she wasn't getting enough air.

I open her hands interlocking them with my own and bringing her head as close to my chest as possible so she could listen to my heartbeat while steading her own.

Sage's eyes shoot open and she's quick to move away from me, making me frown. As her eyes meet mine and she calmly gets up, leaving to go to the bathroom.

I give her time to do her thing while making my bed. I know how much she hates a messy room so I tidy up as much as I can. 

I put on a shirt and begin fixing my hair when I hear a door open and Sage comes out, normal.

"Morning", she says yawning, beginning to walk towards her stuff on the nightstand.

Before she could go any forward I go towards her and pull her into a bear hug. She stiffens before hugging me back.

She fits with me perfectly. Her hair. Her scent. Her voice. Everything is so fucking perfect.

She starts to loosen her grip, "Rico." I tighten my hold indicating I wasn't done yet.

John and Matteo were right her hugs are so warm and comforting. I never want it to end, but I have some things planned for today, so I slowly got out of her embrace.

"I wanted to know what everyone was talking about. All I hear is Sage and her amazing hugs so I wanted to see if it was worth the hype. Hate to say it, I'm kind of disappointed", I smile playfully.

She put her hand on her heart, "I'm so offended", she fake pouts.

"Thanks for everything, I guess. You didn't have to", she changes the topic, avoiding my gaze.

"Don't, I want to be there for you", I smile, forcing her to look at me.

She nods as a tiny tiny smile crept her face. 

"Oh my fucking god! I just made you smile!", I cheer clapping my hands together.

Holy shit, she's beautiful. 

"Rico, you look like an idiot", she turns around hiding her smile. She's not wrong I don't even want to imagine how stupid I look, but I can't help it.

I spin her around, grabbing her hands, pinning them above her head on the wall beside us.

She could easily break out of my hold and kill me right here right now, but she doesn't. 

"Rico, what the hell are doing", Sage asks with her eyes tingling with amusement. I'm feeling confident. 

I bring my face close to her, so my breath fans her face, "I couldn't help myself." 

A small smirk plays her lips, "Ass", she whispers. 

I let go of her, but keep my hold on one of her hands, "Let's hang out."

Did you like this chapter?

Remember to vote and comment.