Moonlight

Challenge accepted

We all reached the ground at 4:00 pm

We all reached the ground at 4:00 pm. Everyone was waiting for me. Noah was standing at the goal post where I defeated him yesterday. I walked towards him, I reached close enough to him, " There you are, I was waiting for you darling, you took a lot of time to reach. Anyways, hear this out", he said and then he turned to face me. " What?", I asked him and his eyes were dark and he gave his devilish smile," So here is the deal, we play a match, but this time if I win I want you to forget about this game and never show me your innocent, sweet face again."

"And what if I win?", I ask him as a small smile spread on my face. "I never play football again in my whole life", he said and everyone was taken back with this statement.
I wanted to show him that he made the worst decision but my eyes went to Sam who looked worse than anyone, I could see the fear on his face, the battle which was going in his mind, he stared at me as if he wanted help but he knew somewhere he was taking it from the wrong person.

The game began, for the first half game the score was null on both sides, it was the second half and Noah and his team had already tried three times but I saved all the three. It was last 15 mins. Noah started with the ball, tackled everyone on the field and it was the same moment when the match was between Noah and me.

Like last time he came close with great speed but this time I decided to let it go.

As he came near me I lifted my right feet to kick the ball in the opposite direction but I made sure I won't kick it. And let the ball go in the goal.

“GOAL”, everyone screamed, I didn't look at anyone but at Sam, who was happy and at the same time surprised. I felt satisfied, even though I lost but it was a win, a win for friendship.

I took all my stuff and started walking towards our stay area. Rose knew what I did and she came running behind me. She whispered," I am so proud of you, Sarah", I smiled at her.

"Sarah, I want to talk to you", Sam called out from behind, I turned to him, " Sure Sam, go ahead".
"Why did you do that?", He narrowed his eyes at me. " Did what Sam?", I pretended as if I don't know what he was saying. "C'mon, you know what exactly I am talking about, I know that you too love football as Noah does, then why did you let him win, it was as easy as the last game. ", He said almost yelling at me. I did feel bad but I took a deep breath and gave him a soft smile," Sam, I know that you think I was being stupid to let him win this game when I could have won it in any case but I know that Noah lives for football and loves it more than anything. I didn't do it for him, I did it for you. Did it for the good of all, for our friendship. " Tears rolled down his eyes and he hugged me tightly and whispered," Thank, you Sarah, I am so glad that I have a selfless friend like you", I smiled at his comment.