The walk to the stream was short and Myungsuk bounced with every step on the way. When they turned the corner and the sparkling water came into sight, he let go of Insoo's hand and ran.

Crouching down at the edge of the stream, he rolled up his sleeves and reached in, the cold shuddering up his arm. Biting his lip, he grabbed a smooth, slick rock and pulled it out. He rubbed it between his hands, purring at the cold, smooth texture against his clammy palms.

"Having fun there?" Insoo asked, crouching down beside him.

Myungsuk paused and sheepishly held the rock out to him. "It's cold and refreshing."

Insoo nodded and took the rock, holding it between his hands. A smile grew on his face. "You're right. It feels nice. Perfect for today," he said and held it to his cheeks, chuckling.

Myungsuk giggled and pressed his cool palms against his face as well. It was just an insignificant river rock, but Insoo treated it with care and regard. Myungsuk's heart skipped a beat.

It wasn't about the rock. Insoo listened to Myungsuk ramble for hours about the stars, and Galactica, and anything else on his mind. Insoo could stop him any time he got bored, but he never did. Whenever Myungsuk would remember, he'd ask Insoo if he wanted to stop, and he'd always say the same thing.

"I like learning things that make you happy," Insoo said and held up the rock. "It's warmed up. Do you want to get another one?"

Myungsuk touched the rock and nodded. "Yup," he said and giggled as Insoo threw the rock, landing in the water with a plop.

"Plop," Myungsuk mimicked.

He grabbed two rocks this time. One was oblong and smooth, while the other was misshapen and cracked in the corner. Biting the inside of his cheek, he handed Insoo the smooth one before tossing the other one, resuming his search.

After cooling off with several rounds of rocks, they sat back, relaxing.

Myungsuk didn't want this date to be over. He wanted to stay here with Insoo, listening to the stream with the sun on their faces. But with every passing minute, another week of isolation loomed closer.

"Hey," Insoo said, his voice soft. "What's on your mind?" he asked and took Myungsuk's hand. He laced their fingers together and kissed Myungsuk's knuckles.

Myungsuk licked his bottom lip and stared at him. "I don't want today to end."

Insoo's concerned expression softened and he nodded. "Neither do I. I really missed you a lot."

"Me too," Myungsuk breathed out. Staring at his lap, he took in a deep breath. "My heat is in a few weeks," he said, scrunching up his nose. "And I always hate it, but I know this one will be even worse because I know you now," he confessed, wiping his eyes with his hand.

Insoo scooted closer and wrapped his arm around Myungsuk, pulling him close. "I'm sorry, Myungsuk."

"It's not your fault," he mumbled. Myungsuk rested his head against his chest, picking at the buttons of Insoo's shirt as Insoo rubbed his back.

This was a new wave of frustration on top of his usual grudge against his heat. He always accepted that heats were done alone, but now that he knew Insoo. A wave of frustration washed over him. The thought of suffering through a foggy daze with only memories of Insoo's scent and touch made him want to pull his hair out and scream.

Sometimes you just know they're the one. Myungsuk blinked. Sometimes you just know they're the one. Sometimes you just know.

You just know.

They're the one.

Myungsuk jerked up staring at Insoo.

"What is it?"

"Share my heat with me," Myungsuk blurted out.

Insoo's jaw dropped. "What?"

"Share my heat with me," Myungsuk repeated. His body buzzed with giddy and he shook Insoo's arms. "If you share my heat, we'll be together for the whole time."

Gaping like a fish, Insoo placed his hand on his. "Myungsuk," he said and cleared his throat. "We can't just do that. You know. We're not"–he bit his lip, his eyes flicking down to Myungsuk's neck– "mated," he managed to say. "We'd need to have a heat contract."

Myungsuk frowned. "What's that?"

Insoo looked away and cleared his throat again. "It's when an unmated omega and alpha want to share a heat or rut. It's a long process. We'll need health checks and a witness and... yeah."

Myungsuk beamed. So his problem was universal. "Perfect! Let's do that."

"Wait!" Insoo rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't know..."

"Why not?" Myungsuk furrowed his brows. "You're the one who brought it up. Why would you know what a heat contract is if you don't want to use one?" He asked, crossing his arms.

Insoo's expression faltered and he hid his face in his hands. "Don't call me out like that," he mumbled.

"So," Myungsuk scooted closer. "Do you want to spend my heat with me?"

Insoo whined and cupped his hands out with a soft smile. Grinning, Myungsuk rested his face in his hands and giggled as Insoo squeezed his cheeks. Leaning closer, Insoo nuzzled their noses together. Myungsuk purred against him.

"Yes," Insoo whispered, smiling against each other's lips, their scents mingling together. "I'll share your heat with you."