Chapter 9: The Path

Start from the beginning

Almost instantly Harry is by my side.

"Oh my god Lou I'm so sorry. Are you okay? I didn't mean to, oh Boo please don't hate me." He says panicked.

"I'm-I'm okay, it's cool," I say in between gasps for breath. He picks me up and carries me to the gazebo. He sets me on one of the benches then sits down next to me.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asks again concerned. I nod and look at him. His eyes are filled with sadness and guilt.

"Hey Haz, I'm fine I promise. It wasn't your fault." I say reassuring him. He nods at me.

"Hey what's that?" He asks looking over my should. I look to where he gestures to and see a small gap in the railing of the gazebo.

"I don't know." I rush over to look at it. The hole is big enough for me so I slide through. Harry is close behind me.

"Hey look there's a path right there," I point to it, "lets follow it!" I say joyfully.

"I don't know, where do you think it leads?" Harry asks scared.

"No clue. But it's will be fine. We have each other, so nothing could go wrong." I say looking at him. He nods and smiles.

"Let's go!" He says excitedly and goes in front of me.

The path is kind of overgrown but still visible. It's really long and seems to never end. After awhile we see a break in the forest, "look Haz!" I say excited and run to it.

I break through the bushes and find myself in the parking lot. I kind of frown thinking it was going to be cooler than just the parking lot. Harry catches up and stands next to me.

"The parking lot?! We walked all that way for this! This blows!" Harry says upset. I nod.

"Yeah I guess we did," I sigh, "well look at it this way, we have a special secret path to get to the park that no one else knows about."

"Hahaha, yeah we do. And it's just ours." He laughs.

~End Flashback~

I smile reminiscing at the memory. I go around the bush and see a pile of rose petals on the ground. On top of them is another note,

'You found it! I knew you would forget, well I was hoping you wouldn't. But I guess if you are reading this note then you did. But anyway. As your reward for reaching this point you get to........walk! Follow the path and you'll find me. I gave you a little extra help just in case.

-Hazza'

I look down at the trail of rose petals following the path. He really likes rose petals. I laugh to myself. I guess it's not a bad thing. Roses are rather nice.

I start walking the path not really needing the petals as a guide. I know the path like the back of my hand. I kept walking it after he left, hoping that somehow I'd meet him on it once. At some point I start picking up the petals and stuffing them in my pockets. I don't know why it just sounded like a good idea.

I see the gazebo's top and know I'm getting close. On the ground is yet again a pile of petals and another note.

'Good you made it this far. But now you have to stop. I want you to see it all at once so you have to close your eyes. Making a bird noise when you are here and all come and fetch you. See you soon

-Hazza'

I smile and close my eyes tightly.

"Ca-cawwww!" I say as loud as possible. I burst out laughing at my terrible bird noise. I here a snap and panic. I feel hands cover my eyes and someone get close to my ear.

"Now what is a little boy doing in the woods by himself this late at night?" A voice says quietly in my ear. Normally would I freak out but I know that voice anywhere.

"I was trying to sneak out of this horrible date with this guy I was having. Do you think you could help?" I say like a smart ass. The hands leave and I here him start sniffling. I turn around and he is looking at the ground. I see a tear roll down his cheek.

"Haz, what's wrong?" I say my heartbreaking.

"You think it's horrible...?" He asks quietly. My heart continues to break even more.

"Oh god now Hazza! This is the best date I've ever had. I was kidding silly." I wrap my arms around him and his head falls on my shoulder. He sighs as the words leave my mouth.

"Oh gosh, okay. I was terrified. So are you ready for the next part?" He asks letting me go. I nod, close my eyes and turn around.

"Lead the way Styles!" I say holding my hand out in front of me. He grabs it and pulls me forward.

"No peaking! I want you to see it all at once." he says in a commanding way. It was actually kind of sexy, him showing a dominating side.

"Yeah yeah no peaking. Got it!" I agree. He keeps pulling me and then stops. I here him stand next to me.

"Are you ready?" He asks whispering in my ear. Shivers shoot down my back and he obviously noticed because he chuckled a bit.

"Ye-yeah," I say as the shivers go through me.

"Okay open!" He says quietly. I open my eyes and gasp. We are standing on the back side of the gazebo. There is a pathway of candles leading up to the center where a table is placed. There are two chairs and dinner set up for two. There are more petals all over, along with actual roses and more candles.

"Oh Harry," I say quietly, " it's....perfect. You did all of this for me?"

"Yeah I did. With a little help from your friend Eleanor. But it wasn't a big deal. You are worth this and so much more." He says blushing. I love when he shows his mushy side.

"El was part of this?!" I say shocked. That bitch knew the whole time. We are talking about this later.

"Yeah she was. Actually a huge part. Are you hungry?" he asks gesturing towards the table. I nod and we walk up to the center of the gazebo. He pulls my chair out and I sit down blushing. He sits opposite me and lifts the cover of our food. Beneath is a plate of spaghetti and meatballs. I chuckle to myself at the cliché dish.

"Sorry about the unoriginality. Spaghetti is about all I can make. But it tastes good. At least my mom said it did." He says shyly.

"No it's perfect. And I'm sure it tastes as good as it looks. Your mom was always a good judger." I say laughing.

We sit there eating and talking about random stuff. At some point I find myself just staring at him. His perfect, soft face. His big, green, beautiful eyes. The way his perfect brown curls frame his face. And the dimple he gets on his left side every time he smiles big; oh that dimple. Just seeing it makes my heart stop.

"Ehem," he clears his throat taking me out of my staring. I blush instantly.

"Sorry, I just really like the view," I say. I slap myself mentally again for the corny joke.

"Haha, thanks. But if you could only see what I get to look at; you'd really be amazed." He says smiling, showing his dimple.

I look down in my lap so he doesn't see my face erupt in red. This really is a perfect night.

"So are you ready for the last part?" He asks eagerly.

"There's more?!" I asked amazed.

"Well yeah, but we don't have to. If you want to go home I understand." He says defeated.

"Oh no. I just can't imagine what else you could do. I mean this night is already beyond perfect." I assure him.

"Oh well you might be surprised," he stands up and hold his hand out, I grab it willingly, "but a little heads up, it might be really cheesy. But, in my opinion, cheesy situations are the best."

"I'm sure it will be perfect," I say as we walk off towards the main part of the park.

((So what did you guys think??? Was it good? I think I did pretty good for my first date scene. Just wait for what I have planned next! It's my favourite part! I'm having major Larry feels right now!! Ugh! I'll update soon my loves