Chapter Thirty Four

Start from the beginning

"Niall," I sighed, "What are you doing?"

"I-I-I don't know." he stumbled, his face turning green.

"Baby, calm down." I shushed him, setting my hand on his forearm. He glanced down at it, then sprinted out of the door, the bathroom door slamming shut.

I made my way to it, hearing the sound of him retching into the toilet. I slowly walked in, setting myself down on the side of the bathtub,running my fingers through his hair and down his neck to soothe him. He gagged most of the time, probably from not having anything inside his stomach except alcohol. He held his head in his hands, taking deep breathes to calm himself down.

"Hey." he said tiredly. I laughed lightly, "Hi."

We sat in silence as he collected himself, and was able to stand up without feeling nauseous again. He brushed his teeth and washed mouthwash around before I gently guided him to his room, lying him on his bed.

"Do you have ibuprofen or something in here?" I asked him. He nodded, pointing to the general direction of his dresser across the room. I walked over, going for the sock drawer first. Everyone hides stuff in their sock drawer.

"Okay, so... I found boxes of condoms." I said awkwardly. He chuckled, "I keep medicine in the drawer under that."

"Thanks for telling me before I found your unhealthy stash of rubbers." I snarked sarcastically before pushing his clothes to the side.

"Ah, found it." I said, shaking a bottle of Advil a bit. I poured two capsules out, dropping them in his hand.

"Here's a drink." I said, hanging him a bottle of water from his nightstand. He knocked the pills back, drinking the rest of the water before sighing.

"Are you okay now?" I asked. He nodded, rubbing his face.

"Okay, I'm gonna go now." I stood, making my way to the door.

"Delaney, wait." he called, sitting up. I stopped walking, turning to him a bit.

"I'm sorry," he sighed, "For-for everything."

I shrugged, "We live and we learn, I guess."

"You're not going to accept it?"

I sighed, "I just want you to be sober when you say it."

"I am sober." He snapped suddenly. I glared at him, "That's a pretty bold move, talking to me like I'm a fucking idiot."

"You're being pretty bold tonight, acting like my fucking mother."

"If you didn't act like such a goddamn child I wouldn't have to."

"You're the one who's acting like a fucking child." he spat, throwing the blanket off his as he stood. I turned to face him, poking his chest with my finger, "You are the one who got pissed drunk and is currently acting extremely petty. Who just came all the way here to make sure your dumbass was okay, when they didn't even have to, because said petty drunkard was asking for me to be here?"

"Maybe I should have called someone else to be here, so instead of arguing with a bitch I could've dented that stash of condoms I got." He spat down at me.

I closed my eyes and shook my head, turning around. I know he doesn't mean that, he uses that excuse when he's angry. Doesn't make it right, though.

"I'm going home, I hope you remember what happens tonight, because I'm not telling you until you stop acting like a cunt." I said sternly, walking out of the door.