But it couldn't be. I lived in the south pole there was no maple anywhere near the village.

It had to be a stranger! I kicked violently which only made my foot lift weakly.

My stomach twisted, and I whimpered.

A hand stroked my hair and pressed a kiss to my forehead,

"You did good, Lyra. Let your big brother help you now." The voice said gently, but it was distorted.

Big brother?

Sokka?

"I shouldn't have dived into the ocean, I'm sorry!" I whimpered to my 11 year old brother.

"Dived into the ocean? You saved the village, Lyra" the distorted voice said.

Images flashed before my foggy mind of Katara arguing, then what she said to a spiky haired stranger.

But that couldn't be Katara. No, Katara was eight, just like me.

I heard a comment about blindness.

Wait, who was blind? It couldn't be me. I was doing laundry with mom. I couldn't wait to tell her about this weird dream..

The images shifted and I screamed in terror as bright orange light blinded me. I blinked away the darkness, it was just light. Maybe it was a surprise. But how had they known about orange being my favorite color? I hadn't told anyone.

But the more I blinked, the more suffocating the darkness became.

"Mom? Mommy?" My voice wasn't my own. Maybe it was,

It sounded older, and tired.

"Sokka, Katara?" My older voice tremored in my eight year old body.

"Where am I? I want daddy, or mommy! Please!" I begged whoever listened.

"Lyra" a voice called to me and below my feet the solid black void changed into a beach with a moon over the area as if it were a sentient guardian.

I trembled,

The smell of leather, musk, sweat, winter, and the icy ocean came over me like a soft blanket on a freezing night.

"Lyra, you must listen to me." The voice heeded me gently, "this is not you, this is not who you are." The voice came closer, and the empty fog on the ocean turned into a man wearing a blue tunic sewn with water tribe markings, the same traditionally worn in the South Pole.

I relaxed at the familiar markings,

"Who are you?" I asked him, and tilted my head in confusion at his odd entrance.

"And where am I? I want my mom!" I stomped my foot down.

I locked eyes with him and my eyes went wide as if my whole body had been hit with electricity.

My brain seemed to blend and the amnesia was gone in an instant.

"What's going on?" I questioned as my conciousness arose.

It seemed that we were in the spirit world. On an island surrounded by water as far as the eye could see. The island was quite big and half the house sat in the sun while the other half sat the moon. The night sky paired with the moon, while the blue sky with the sun. The house was warm, yet it held such a sacred feeling. Like an oasis.

La, (who I now recognized) seemed to grow shorter. That, or I'd returned back to my normal size.

My mind was clear, and my body felt better than ever. As if it had never overexerted itself.

I felt safe here, at peace.

The symbol of yin and yang marked the houses fencepost which laid past the sandy beach.

The moon seemed clouded and La sighed, calling over Tui with a soft greeting, and he couldn't help but smile softly at his beloved. She walked as if she floated above the ground but the gentle click of her shoes told me she wasn't.

La leaned over and whispered something in her ear making her gentle expression turn cross and worried.

She smiled at me, the way a mother did her child, and rubbed my back reassuringly.

She left and mumbled softly about a "Yue"" person and opened the gate only to close it behind her. She stepped over the sand which shifted beneath her feet and she walked across the water as if it were just another stepping stone.

La turned to me after she disappeared into the fog,

"Come we must talk." He insisted.

We went back to the garden where I had first met the two.

The two cushions sat next to a low table. The table carried an assortment of water tribe desserts and pastrys from other nations, including fruit pies, perhaps air nomads as I had never heard of the dessert.

He motioned for me to sit down. Which, I did hesitantly.

On closer inspection I found he looked just as exhausted as I felt. I was afraid if he kept talking I might just fall asleep.

We shared a simple polite bow and sat down. Neither of us moved to touch the food, instead reaching for the hot tea in stiff movements. The silence seemed to last a lifetime, when in reality it might've been a minute, or two.

We avoided eye contact and I could hear the words from his lips before he'd opened his mouth,

"Do you know what you've done?" He asked with no emotion but his flared nostrils, and dilated pupils carried anger.

"Yes" I frowned.

"No, you don't." He growled, slamming his cup on the table making me jump back.

"What- what did I do?" I flinched.

He sat back down, and I propped myself up.

"You've drained a huge majority of your chi. Your physical body has moved it to vital functions and will remain so until both of our chi's are filled. For now, while you remain unconscious your spirit will remain disconnected with your body, or else you chi won't fill since the energy you get from the spirit world goes through your body, and spirit at the same time. Which is why you had amnesia and huge ripping pain as it is a effect of the chi being way to much for your physical form." He paused, "however, there is a way to stop it," he hesitated.

I leaned forward eager to hear his proposition,

"No, it is extremely dangerous." He shook his head vigourusly.

"What is it?" I snapped.

"An Avatar cycle of sorts. The only problem is a large part of your soul would be turned into a koi fish. You become another ring in yin and yang, a anchor per say to keep the new type of Avatar from dying." He nodded.

"But I was a fool for suggesting such a thing. You'll be out for a few days. I can't hold the connection much longer. stay safe, Lyra" his voice distorted until my conciousness slipped in to a warm void for drained souls. As if I was beneath a warm blanket, and surrounded by a comforting scent. Cinnamon, and chocolate..

--------
Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I kinda let my brain drift and this is what came out. Anyway, stay safe and healthy my Bookworms, and have a great day! See y'all in the next one! Until next time.
-Rose