Wish I Was Better

Start from the beginning

~XOXO ROSE

I smile at the note, save the contact number and unpack my bag. I arrange all my stuff in the cupboard near the window. I placed my clothes on the upper shelf and my memory box on the topmost shelf. Then some books on the side table of my bed. Then my family photo and a photo with Lexi. I sent a voice message of whatever happened to Lexi to update her. Then I decide to wear a loose plain white top and track pant for the dinner. I call Rose that I am done with my stuff and I'll meet her near the entrance. I also call Sam. I lock the door and wait for the elevator. My phone rings. It's a message from Lexi,

“ what's up with ocean eyes?”

Was she serious about the weird name she gave to Noah? I laughed to myself and replied to her with a confused emoji. Then I reached the entrance and saw Sam and Rose waiting for me.

The dinner

We had a common dinner place

We had a common dinner place. It was from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. I took a seat near the window which had a place for three people. We had the self-service mode for dining. We all stood in a long line for the food. We didn't talk the whole time so finally, I spoke "Sam, I suppose you are good with Noah, but u am afraid that because of me-", Sam looked me in my eyes and assured me that there was nothing wrong I did. He then told both of us that Noah was his roommate and he talked to him and it was all good. He did say this but I could sense that it was not all but I didn't try to push any harder.

We all talking in general when I notice someone enter the dining hall, it was Noah, he wore a plain black t shit which showed his body completely. His hair was wet, he might have showered just before coming here. And his ocean blue eyes were unreadable but he looked much more got in his outfit.

I might be starting at him for too long, because Rose almost give me a push and called me like for 2-3 times.
" Where are you lost miss?", she said pointing at the crowd I had created by not moving. I was embarrassed and I just took 2-3 things and reached my table. As we sat down at our table, Sam busted laughing at me. I gave him a confused look and he pointed at my plate and I looked down, I had just bought cheese, doughnut and sweet dish. I skipped the main course. I looked at the crowd and noticed there was no way I am going back there. Sam and Rose shared their food and said it was alright. I thanked them and give them an apologetic look. They cheered me up and we laughed and had food together.

We all were done with our food and we decided since it was not that late, we should take a walk around the campus. As we headed to the exit of the dining room, Sam said us to go ahead because he wanted to have a word with Noah.

We started walking, when Rose asked me," Can I ask you something", I replied, "Sure, and you don't need to take permission. Just shoot.", she smiled and continued,
" Be honest, you have a-", she stopped as she looked over my shoulder. I turned around and saw Noah and Sam coming towards us.
"Girls, Someone wants to join us.", Sam announced as they approached us. I smiled at him and looked at Noah, who was already looking at me. I try to smile and could feel some heat on my face. Was I blushing? No, it can't be possible. Noah was unreadable, he turned to Rose. " I wanted to thank you for earlier. ", his deep voice made me numb for a minute. They all started walking. I was still standing there, Sam looked back and put his hand around me and asked if I was okay? I assured him I am alright.

The night

We all walk in complete silence

We all walk in complete silence. " So you guys are best buddies?" Rose ask Sam and Noah as she turns to look at them. They look and each other and then Sam tells that they have been buddy since the very day he entered this university. Within just a year, we had become families for each other in this new world. We talk about the university stuff and then we decide to head back to our rooms. I realised that Noah and I never talked in this whole conversation. Was he mad at me?

We had our first lesson at university tomorrow. When we reach our room I get to my study table and look at tomorrow's schedule

Monday-
1. Biochemistry - 10:00am to 11:00am
2. Histology- 12:00pm to 2:00pm
3. Anatomy- 2:30pm to 4:00pm

"When is your last lecture, Rose?" I ask as I still glance at my schedule. She looks at her schedule and tells it's 3:30 pm. I tell her that we can meet at 4:00 pm after my class and we can go around this place. We sit together and plan our next day. Soon we both are lying on our bed and starting the ceiling. " I am happy I have a roommate like you. We are gonna be the best duo", Rose tells me all excited. I nod her with the same excitement. We turn off the lights and get some sleep.  I miss Lexi, Rose keeps reminding me of her. I close my eyes and all I could see is the ocean eyes. I recalled my whole day and I don't remember when but I fall asleep.