Chapter 10: Buckbeak

I was rather eager for the first day of classes. After my first class, I had to head off to Hagrid so that I could supervise his class though I knew he was do perfectly. Before I went there, however, I had to drop Andrew off with Madame Pomfrey who gladly took him from me. When I was leaving the Hospital Wing I bumped into Severus. 

"Hello there, what brings you here?" I asked. 

"I can ask you the same thing," Severus replied. 

I smirked at his comment before replying, "I came to drop Andrew off. How about you?"

"I needed some more ingredients for Remus' potions. Madame Pomfrey has some of them," He answered.

"I really appreciate you doing this for him," I said, holding his hand within mine.

Severus kissed me as he whispered his answer against my lips, "Then I'm happy."

I bid him goodbye and made my way to the castle grounds. I walked down when I saw something looking me. I recognized those eyes instantly. I groaned, running towards the bush where Sirius came out from as the black dog. I looked around the area before squatting down him him.

"Honestly Sirius, be a little bit more careful, would you? What if Remus saw you?" I scolded. Sirius merely licked my cheek which made me laugh. I stroked his black fur as I gazed into his eyes. "I'm afraid I can't stay. I have a class now but stay out of trouble, okay?"

I kissed his head before running off to find Hagrid. I was already late. When  I found his hut empty I made my way towards the forest where I found his class huddled together. I came just in time to see Draco and his friends mocking Harry. I stopped beside him, folding my arms across my chest. Harry smirked at the sight of me as the students began to snicker. 

Draco turned around and when he saw me, his eyes widened instantly. "Hello Professor. Lovely morning, isn't it?"

"Yes. Keep it that way, Draco," I warned, weaving my way to the front of the crowd.

"Professor Ringe, what are you doing here?" Neville asked.

"Supervising Hagrid's first class," I replied. 

"Do you have Fred and George in any of your classes?" Ron asked.

"I do. That's going to be entertaining as always," I chuckled. "So where is Hagrid?"

"Right 'ere, Ms. Ringe," Hagrid called. I turned to see him walking towards everyone with Buckbeak behind him. I beamed at the glorious animal who hooted happily at me. "He missed ya."

"I missed him too," I laughed, petting the great bird. "I will be watching from over there, alright Hagrid? Oh and don't stress, you will do a perfect job." 

Hagrid thanked me before I sat away from the class on the rocks. I watched as Hagrid introduced Harry to Buckbeak. Both of them did a splendid job. When Harry flew away on Buckbeak I joined Hagrid again and whispered, "Wonderful job, Hagrid. Really."

He glowed at the compliment. "Thank you very much."

Buckbeak returned with Harry which broke my attention away. Unfortunately, during that time, Draco pranced up to Buckbeak as he yelled at the bird. I spun around frantically and yelled, "Draco, stop it! Get back!"

But it was too late. Infuriated by Draco's lack of respect Buckbeak stood up on it's hind legs and scratched Draco. I screamed his name before running over to Draco who lay on the floor, crying out in pain. I fell down beside him as I stroked his hair away from his face as Hagrid got Buckbeak away from him.

"It's okay, darling. It's fine," I cooed. "You're going to live, don't worry. Just stop moving around so much, would you?"

Hagrid came over and immediately carried Draco up so that he could take him to the hospital wing. Draco was quick to fight it as he yelled, "No! Let Professor Ringe take me. She's my godparent, not you! Oh god, my father will hear about this!"