First Day at Georgia

Start from the beginning

The journey to University was a half-hour long. We talked about Georgia, he showed me places which was worth visiting.

" So Sam, you are born and brought up here?", I ask him turning my gaze from the window to him.
"No, I am from Germany just moved here for my studies last summers ", he said.
" So why airport? ", I asked curiously.
" Went to meet my parents in Germany", he replied with his voice low.
" What's wrong?", I ask as I figured something was wrong.
He looked down and replied," My parents died in an accident two years back. "
I hold his hand in mine, he looks at me surprised and I assure him everything is going to be fine. I tell him he can talk to me about anything. And he was happy, he said," it's not even a day but it feels safe with you. It feels we know each other for ages". I smile at him and assure him he can trust me.

We reached our campus. He helps me with my luggage and we walk towards the head office. " Thank you, Sam, I am glad I met you ", I say. He says he is happy too to meet me.
He guides me to the head office and tells me that I'll get all my details about the room and classes here.

"Good morning ma'am, I am Sarah Hastings. I-", before I could complete the lady sitting turns to her computer to check something.
She is a young lady, she is blond hair and has a warming smile.
She welcomes me with her warm smile. " Sarah Hastings, this is your room keys and the schedule for this week. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.", I thank her and turn around. Sam for waiting for me. I walk towards him and tell him my room number. He sees my schedule. " You are a medico?", he asks as he reads my schedule. " Yes, and what about you?", I ask as I put the schedule in my side bag. " I am into biotech", he says and tells me to wait here. He goes and collects his schedule and then we both walk towards the stay area.

The stay area has two buildings. One for boys and the other for girls. The buildings stand parallel to each other. In front of these buildings is the sports area and ground. To the right is the study area and to left is the lab area.

"Sarah, would you like to take a tour of campus?", he asks.
" Sure Sam, I'll love to ", I smile at him and then we decide to meet at the same place after one hour.
We wave each other and I enter the building.
The infrastructure is beautiful. Everything seems so different from my home town. I take the elevator to my room. It's on the 5th floor. I reach the elevator, get in with my luggage and press the 5th floor. It has 7 floors. I am tired from all travelling. I decide to take a cold shower, set my things and call my parents and my best friend to inform them about my safe journey.

Roommate

I reach and look at the room number written on the keys

504

I look to my right, 501- 504 and on my left, it says 505- 508. I walk to my right, it is the last room. I open the door. It's a big room, bigger than I expected it to be. It was beautiful. The walks were coloured in pale yellow, it had two king-size beds and two cupboards on either side of beds. There was a small kitchen area and a fresh room, which was bigger than I thought. A window which had the best view. The lake was visible, the streets and even our university.

" Knock knock, can I come in miss!", I hear a voice from behind. I turn around, there was this girl who had short brown hair which matched her round face, her dark black eyes and her sweet voice. She was cute.

" Hi, I am Sarah Hasting and yes you can come in", I said giving her a warm welcoming smile. "Finally, my roommate has arrived." She almost screamed that she looked so happy. " I am Rose Parker, you roommate." She replied trying to catch her breath.
I laugh at the situation and went close to hug her.

She asks if I'll have a coffee and I agree. I tell her that I'll make 2 calls and then we can have coffee and talk. She agrees and goes to the kitchen area. I take my phone out and call my mom.
"Hello mom, I reached safely. ", I tell her. She tells me to take care, eat on time and to take rest. I assure her I'll take care and we hung up the call. Then I dial to my best friend, Lexi.

She is my best friend since we were in 9th grade. I had promised her that I'll update her here every day and that's the reason she agreed to this decision. She is always supportive no matter what.

She picks her phone. But all she tells me is to video call her. And then she hangs up. I video call her.
"Hey, you reached how is it? How was your journey? Who is your roommate? Tell me everything. ", she spoke in just a breath. I laughed at her and turned my camera towards the window and started to show her the view outside. I didn't even notice Rose standing behind me with two cups of coffee. I turned behind. She smiled at me while she looked at the phone. I introduced Rose to Lexi and vice versa.
She handed me my coffee and I told Lexi that I'll call her by the end of the day.

Football

I looked at the time and I recalled that I had to meet Sam in just 10 mins

I looked at the time and I recalled that I had to meet Sam in just 10 mins. I asked Rose if she wanted to join us. She agreed and we left our room. We took the elevator and reach the ground floor. At the entrance, Sam was standing waiting. I waved to him. He looked at me and smiled. His gaze moved from me to Rose. They both exchanged a look and I introduced him to Rose. They shake hands and we were about to start when Sam's phone ringed. He picked up the call and the moment he hung up the call his face became tense, I asked him what was wrong. He said that there was a match between two popular groups of University and there was some problem. We decided to go to the ground.

As we reached, I could see two teams. One team had their blue jersey on and the other wore the red. I can make out the two teams. They had the football in the centre. As everyone saw us coming, one of the players from the blue team came up to us. He talked to Sam and Sam was just not interested. He was denying the player. I could not see the boy so I went up to them.

I noticed that the boy had this charm in his body language. He had a perfect athlete body and he had a deep voice. His voice was just perfect to make any girl go weak on knees. He was all sweaty with the ongoing game.

His gaze moved from Sam to me. His eyes were a perfect shade of blue. The rare blue. His curly hair falls over his eyes. He was hot.
" Sam, I told you don't bring girls to see the match. They don't understand anything about the game. And they just distract us boys", he has this smirk on his face and he taunts me.

I just wish I could punch him in his face but I control my emotion and turn to Sam. " what's wrong Sam?", I ask him. " There's a need of a goalkeeper in another team and there's no one to take that place. And that's why Noah is asking me to play but I don't want to", he answers to me.
I turn to Noah, and ask him" Can I play!", and all he does is laugh and roll his eyes. I don't care about his reaction and I walk towards team red. I ask who is the captain," Liam ", everyone screams all at once. He moves towards me and I see Noah coming in my direction. I look to Noah, and then to Liam. " Anyways, taking anyone, why not take me!", Liam thinks for a sec and agrees.
" Just don't give a reason after you lose, that a girl was playing, I will still play rough", Noah announces, looks me up and down and walk towards his team.

Everyone sees me in horror, some of them discuss that the girl has the guts to play against Noah. She has done a mistake. I look at Noah and I can see his revengeful eyes, I smile to myself and then the game starts.