~Detention with Umbridge~

Start from the beginning

When I started writing I noticed the unusual blood-red ink flowing from the pen onto the paper faultlessly. I noticed that before I noticed the pain in my left hand. At first, I didn't think much of it since my hand cramps a lot. 

I must not tel- I stopped writing to look over at my other hand. My jaw dropped a bit in shock but I quickly covered it up. I feel the amusement radiating from Umbridge as she was watching me from her desk. 

--------------------------------------

Draco POV: 

"Draco you know you are going to die right?" Pansy asked me. Yes, I did. 

"Because, If your Professor Umbridge doesn't kill you, your father will. And if you are so lucky to make it past both of them... I will kill you." She threatened and swatted my head in warning. Pansy knew the pressure of having a perfect record. 

Mine has already been damaged after I got detention in first year and third year. I haven't gotten any others yet and I don't intend to. Pansy also knew the pressure of coming from a pureblood family, where your whole life has been planned out before you were even born. 

"I know Pans but I can't return the book. Not until they give up," I reasoned but she gave an exasperated sigh. 

"Would it be so bad if he knew?" I gave her a horrified stare. "Okay, but please just listen to me for a second. He could help Draco. You don't have to be alone. I know you think that you are protecting him but in the end, it's only going to make things worse."

Pansy was wrong.

She had to be...

"He hates me, Pansy. What am I suppos-" I stopped talking because I noticed something forming on my hand. 

"Pansy! Look at this!" I showed her my hand and the writing on my hand in carved into my skin. 

"Draco. Have you been-"

"No you idiot, it's Harry" Her eyes widened. 

"Harry as in Harry Potter?" 

"Yes, Harry as in Harry Potter. The one we have been talking about for the last hour. How many Harry's do you know? Are you that daft?" I asked and she rolled her eyes giving me the middle finger. 

"You are very rude sometimes Pansy," I huffed, pretending to be upset. 

"Oh well, sue me, darling," She sassed back. I have had enough with this woman I swear. 

"Back to what's important- This is appearing on Harry's skin right now. Wait a minute this looks an awful lot like-" A black quill. I finished in my thoughts. A black quill is a torture device derived from dark magic. I saw the line on my hand disappear, confirming my thought. 

It heals your skin and then cuts it open again when you resume writing. The effects of the quill were being seen on my hand right now but without any of the pain. 

"A black quill!" Pansy gasped watching the writing appear and disappear in blood-red writing. I couldn't believe that evil woman was doing this to Harry. It was beyond cruel. If he does this much more, it will leave a scar for the rest of his life. 

I gulped down the emotions threatening to build up in my throat. A Malfoy cannot show emotion, it is a weakness. Pansy saw what I was trying to do. 

"Damn you and your Malfoy emotionlessness. You have really got to stop letting your father control your life," She said, in a sisterly way. Pansy has always been looking out for me. I just nodded, however. 

We were still in the room of requirement to get away from the noise of the Slytherin common room. The room had transformed into a common room of our own, decorated with a long forest green couch, a table with some pastries, and impeccable lighting. Which we could never seem to get in Slytherin. 

The both of us were still waiting for Blaise who had still not shown up. I looked towards the door expecting to see him but he was still late. 

"He is always tardy," Pansy whined beside me picking up a treacle tart from the table beside us. 

"Are you talking about me behind my back!" Blaise said as she sauntered into the room of requirement. 

"Of course not darling, we would never." Pansy sniggered as Blaise gave her an offended look. Responding by stealing her tart and giving it a big bite. 

"How's that for something that you would never do." Me and Blaise laughed while Pansy looked utterly confused. Almost like she couldn't even begin to comprehend which part of what he said was even the slightest bit funny. 

"How? That doesn't even make sense. You were-but I was- ugh- never mind." She fumbled before completely giving up which only made us laugh even harder. Pansy looked at me and gave a little smile. I knew what she was thinking. A break in the infamous Malfoy mask. 

I recognized what I was feeling. This was joy and happiness, wasn't it? Freedom. 

I wish it could last forever. 

"-aco. Draco? Are you alright? You haven't been answering the question?" I quickly snapped out of my daze to the sound of Blaize's voice. There was a look of concern on both him and Pansy. They shared a look before turning back to me, what on earth were they doing that for. Blaise looked almost sheepish before he repeated what he said before. 

"I said what are you going to do about Potter and Astoria?" Right, Astoria. My Fiancee. 

(A/N)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you so much to all of my readers! I really appreciate it! 

If you have any advice or things you want to see in later chapters feel free to let me know. I will try to incorporate all that I can!