"Okay. I won't come near her. I will stay away. But just once, for the last time let me meet her. She is unconscious. I will not wake her up. I will just look at her from distance. But please, let me meet her one last time. I beg you, Manik. Please.." Manik shook his head in denial.

"No. Not possible. Please go from here. I am not letting you go near her. Never." Said Manik. Ishani sobbed and fell near his feet. Manik gasped along with everyone.

"Ishani ji! What are you doing? Please, get up." Said Neyonika trying to make her stand. Ishani shook her head while crying.

"Please.. Manik. I.. beg you. Please.. let me meet my baby. For the last time.. I.. I will never ask again.. please.. just one last time.. I.. I want to feel her.. I want to kiss her forehead. One last time.. Manik.. please.. I beg you.." Cried Ishani. Manik immediately moved away from there and stood showing her his back. He rubbed his temple by his finger. Raj kept hand on his shoulder and blinked his eyes. He sighed.

"Fine. You can meet her for the last time. You have ten minutes." Said Manik. Ishani wiped her tears happily and stood up from her place.

"Thank..thank you, Manik. Thank you so much." Said Ishani joining her hands. Neyonika patted her shoulder and guided her towards Nandini's ward.

Ishani entered inside the ward and felt immense pain looking at her daughter. She was surrounded by numerous wires. Her head was having a big bandage indicating she underwent a big surgery. A sob escaped from her mouth looking at her pale face. Manik was standing outside of the door watching her every action from the glass window. He saw Ishani moving towards Nandini slowly.

Ishani looked at her face which screamed pain, hurt, anger. The same innocent face which used to roam around her calling her Maa is now covered with oxygen mask. With her shivering hand she caressed her cheek slowly. She remembered how she took her in her warm embrace and touched her soft cheeks in a same way when she was born. She smiled remembering that sweet memory. She kept on adoring her for few minutes and suddenly she remembered all the recent happenings. She remembered how Nandini denied to her touch. How much pain she caused her since last 20 years. Her tears fell.

"S..sorry.. betu.. Maa is very sorry.. She ignored you.. she.. she failed in her duty.. Your Maa is truely very sorry.. please.. maaf kar do mujhe, baby.. Don't.. don't sleep like this.. I can't see.. you like this.. please.. get well soon.. I couldn't be a good mother.. but.. I.. I won't trouble you anymore.. I will.. stay away from you.. but please stay happy and healthy always.. Your Maa loves you alot, betu. Forgive her.. if possible.." saying this Ishani bent down to kiss her forehead. Manik turned his face away not wanting to witness the scene.

Ishani's tears fell on Nandini's face and she flinched. Her eye balls moved and she moved her fingers slowly. Ishani couldn't see this as she was crying while closing her eyes. Nandini opened her eyes and looked at her blinking her eyes.

"M..Maa.." she whispered weakly through oxygen mask. Ishani immediately stood straight and looked at her wiping away her tears. She got happy seeing her conscious. She cupped her face immediately.

"N.. Nandu.. betu.. you're awake? Haan? You.. I am so happy.. are you ok? Are you feeling any pain? Haan? Tell me, baby?" Said Ishani while kissing her knuckles crying. Nandini looked at her blinking her eyes and took her hand away from her grip. Ishani looked at her.

"I.. am fine.. you can.. go." She whispered. Ishani felt pain raising in her chest. She sobbed.

"Nandu.. I.. I am sorry betu.. Maa is sorry.. please.. maaf kardo.." said Ishani joining her hands. Nandini shook her head slowly.

"Pl..please.. go.. from.. here.. Maa.. I.. I don't want to.. talk with you.. leave.. me.. a..alone.." said Nandini closing her eyes in pain. Ishani held her hand in hers.