Chapter 1 - Hello

Fury gazed to the flashing red dot located in the middle of a large forest, trees towering around the area made it very rare for any person to find themselves in it. So, the first thought was that this was not a person. "Hill, call the team," his only good eye narrowed on the blinking light, watching it still for too long.

~~~

"Fury, what can I do for you?" Tony blocked Cap's way with a smirk as the blonde sighs. "We were busy playing family feud,"

"Tony was just trying to prove that he didn't break the toaster,"

"Shut up, Barton," Tony threw a loose screw at the archer who catches it.

"Hey! This was the missing piece!"

"Enough!" Fury slammed his fist on the table, running a hand over his head lacking in hair, and glaring to Pietro who was snickering. "Shut up, Maximoff, now... We have a new target, don't know what it is but we need you to check it out,"

"Why not get the party Wizard to do it?" Tony scoffs, sitting with legs elevated on the table.

"Sorcerer. Wizards don't exist," Bucky grumbles as Sam starts to ramble.

"Dr Strange is busy dealing with bigger threats for a longer time, this is just a small mission," Fury handed a folder to Nat and Cap.

"And why are we all here?"

"Because we don't know what it is so a wider range of skills will be needed," Hill explains before pointing to everyone starting with Loki and Thor. "Those two are gods, Banner knows about a range of things, Stark can help out, and well the rest of you have you own strengths you're aware of,"

"Whatever this has won't have a chance,"

~~~

What green foliage once laced the forest floor had been taken over from the crash. Not by soil or burns but rather odd patterns; swirls of blue and purple, green and pink, yellow and red all coated like spilled paint. An explosion of ecstasy like shimmer started to spark and buzz along the snouts of critter who started to burp up fire, grown glowing horns and even a spare tail.

In a small dip in the ground, the real source of the chaos lay: you.

Your layered crimson tulle skirt was torn down the front to reveal your boots and knee high socks with a heart pattern along it. The black leather and red lace bodice had a small tear along the front, slicing the heart embroidery in half. The mesh sleeves were hardly sleeves, instead reduced to small falling bits of fabric.

"Damn," these words left as a groan from your lips, hands clambering to push away loose strands of h/c from the way of your sight. "Dammit," each step you took felt odd from the lack of... something.

This wasn't your home. No, this was too sane to be so.

A flurry of wind was heard in the far off distance, birds fighting to fly from the disruption. Clicking your fingers, a large axe seemed to slip from thin air into your hold. The red metal made from the strongest found in Wonderland connected to black ivory wood intertwined to latch on.

Pulling it along the ground, you hid behind a large fallen oak shrouded in fungi.

"This should be it... woah," a man walked into the open space holding a device which flickered and whirred. Behind him were more and more people, seemingly a team.

"Okay, I swear I'm not on drugs this time, but that squirrel has a unicorn horn," the youngest looking with a spider like suit on states.

"This time?!" The oldest yet shortest starts to let some sort of metal creep up his arm to form armour.

"I was joking, Mr. Stark!"

"You better be, Queens," a blonde man looks around. "This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen,"

"Tell me about it," A long haired redhead lets a crimson spark form in her hand as a readied weapon.

"Guys..." another redhead points to a mark left by your axe leading to your spot.

"Avengers, eyes up,"

Huffing out in need of help, your head popped up from the bush making odd defence mechanisms activate, ready to fire. "Terribly sorry," you sigh out, brushing off your skirt and scowling at the damage.

"Hands up, heart eyes," the one by the name of Mr. Stark warns.

"Forgive me for the... mess, but could you tell me where I am?"

"Earth, which is closed, so if you'd kindly leave," Mr Stark states again.

"Earth... uhm, sorry, which solar system would that be?"

"The Milky Way," the first man you saw adjusts his glasses.

"That's a candy bar," one silver haired boy deadpans.

"Midgard, if you are from the realms?" A tall raven haired figure adorned in green steps forward.

"Midgard? Oh dear, oh dear, that's a far way from wonderland," murmuring this to yourself, they seemed to gaze in confusion. "Of course you people are not aware of Wonderland, why would you be? Too mad for your tastes,"

"Alright, who are you? And what are you talking about?" A metal armed man narrows his gaze.

"Forgive my informality, everything is quite topsy turvy and not in the way I usually enjoy!" A small tiara dropped on your head. "Princess Y/n Hearts of Wonderland, pleasure," curtsying for the team it seemed they were unconvinced and rather amused.

"Mhm, so what? You're the queen of hearts?"

"Daughter and heir, dipshit," you snarl before grasping your mouth, a small tally board striking another dash by your head, two chalk dusters hitting your cheeks. "I'll get to you soon!" Lashing out at the items, they snicker silently before zooming away in a cloud of smoke.

~~~

This is a mess

This is a mess

- Anna ❤️