Chapter 50: Baby Time

It was officially  two days past Olivia’s due date. Her family and mine were all out here waiting for Liv to go into labor. Dani and Chelsy were a big help because they both had been through it. I could tell that Liv was stressed because she was ready for our daughter to get here. Liv’s family had to head back to RI because of the restaurant and mine parents felt in the way. I told then both as I dropped them at the airport that I would call as soon as she went into labor. Frankie wanted to stay so Joe, Kevin and I went out to dinner along with my niece and nephew. The girls decided to have a night in. We arrived at Road Kings Café and walked in. We grabbed our usual table and waited for the rest of our friends to show up. We decided to make it a boys night because we wanted to celebrate.  We finished eating and then headed to the batting cages. We were having so much fun till Joe’s phone went off. He smiled and I knew that it was Chelsy calling. Joe came back a few minutes later and looked at us as he spoke “Hospital time.” We all ran to the car as I looked at my brothers and friends. Joe looked at me “Don’t worry Chelsy and Dani are with her. Both families are on their way here.” We arrived at the hospital and headed in. Chelsy and Dani met us in the hallway as I went in. I smiled as I saw the love of my life laying their in pain. She looked at me “Hey” I walked over to her and took her hand “Hey babe.” She looked at me as I kissed her lips “were about to be parents Nick.” I smiled “Yes we are Liv.” The doctor came in and told us that it was time to push. I held her hand as we waited for our daughter to arrive. After 4 mins of pushing we heard our daughter cry.  I looked over at Liv as she was crying. I kissed her lips and then her hand “Hey mom.” She looked at me “Hey Dad.” They handed Liv our daughter and I looked down at her. She was officially my little princess. I leaned down beside Liv and took a selfie of us . I posted it to my instagram and Liv’s “Welcome to the world Leighton Kate Jonas.”