But no matter how much he mind bugged her, she never broke that loyalty to him.

No, he's just doing file work.

It was quarter to three before he came home and Aurora was sitting in the library with a book reading it by candle light.

It was raining outside and some where between chapter 35 and 36 her eyes must have gotten heavy and the thudding of the rain must have lulled her to sleep her book falling against her lap.

Tom came in through the front door his coat shiny from being drenched in rain. He took it off and ran his hands through his wet hair trying to dry it a little.

He silently crept up the stairs opening the door trying not to wake his wife but was confused when he found the bed vacant. He searched the house top to bottom and a knot of anxiety began to form in his stomach.

What if she fell? What if something had happened? What if aurors broke in and took her?

What if...what if she left?

But his nerves where put on hold when he burst into the library and saw her huddled up in the corner in her pyjamas, her book flat against her chest her eyes fluttered close.

He sighed and heavily walking over to the window and pulling the book from her chest.

As he closed it he recognized it as her battered copy of The Great Gatsby that he remembered was always attached to her persona during their time at Hogwarts. He set it down and turned back to his wife sleeping soundlessly on the windows edge.

He looked at her for a moment and found his hand pushing her hair from her face slowly. He slipped his hands under her legs and around her shoulders lifting her up gently.

Aurora let out a little hum as she began to stir. "Sh, sh sh. Its just me, its Tom love go back to sleep" he whispered. She turned her head into his damp shirt and her eyebrows furrowed a little.

"You're all wet" she muttered. Tom laughed soflty "yes well it is raining outside" he said and began walking.

Aurora didnt make a sound till he set her down on the bed. "Where were you tonight?" She asked softly as he changed.

"I was at the office, a new ban Leech wants to put in" he said as he removed his shirt and pulled on pyjama bottoms coming over to beside her.

She looked at him through lazy eyes as he slipped in beside her his hand snaking around her waist pulling her in close.

He just laid his head in the crook of her neck his arms tightening around her. He turned his head and began kissing down her neck soflty to her collar bone.

He pushed himself to hover above her kissing her more passionately nipping at her skin. "Mmh Tom" Aurora mumbled.

"Yes Darling" he whispered his lips above her ghosting over them. He kissed her, softly and slowly. Sweetly like this was the last time he'd kiss her.

Because he knew.

He knew when Aurora found out about the ban, which was inevitable no matter how many papers he sensored. She would find out and it would be weeks until he could do this again.

"I'm too tired love" she whispered back as he kissed along her jaw. Tom laughed soflty on the sigh of her face feeling her hand slightly brush against his shoulder blades.

"I know sunshine, you're doing so well" he murmured his hand rubbing against her slightly bump in her stomach. I just-... I just want to kiss you tonight" he mumbled.

Aurora smirked  as he kissed her again his hands knotting into her hair. "Always so sentimental" she teased when his lips left hers for a breath.

He laughed and rolled his eyes "shut up" he muttered "make me" she smirked.