Prologue: Zavala's Message

"We shouldn't be very far from Europa's atmosphere by now." Suzuka says as she, Spe-7 and Gold continue to fly in their jumpships. "I just don't know where Taiki might have gone if he abandoned his ship like that."

"If anything he could have gone to Europa as well." Spe-7 replies. "I just can't wipe that look on Zavala's face out of my memory... I don't think I've ever seen him that distressed before."

Much Earlier...

"Zavala! Thank the light you're here!" Suzuka says as she, Gold and Spe-7 rush to the vanguard commander.

"What seems to be the trouble?" Zavala asks.

"It's... It's about Taiki." Spe-7 replies, and Zavala freezes up for a bit, slowly but surely focusing his eyes on them.

"...What about Taiki? Have you found him?" Zavala asks.

"No... We haven't..." Spe-7 replies. "As a matter of fact, it's much worse than that."

"Please, go on." Zavala says, holding his breath.

"Taiki... Has fallen to the darkness..." Spe-7 finally finishes and Zavala goes deathly still, such that Shaxx slowly walks over wondering what happened.

"Commander? Is something wrong? Cat got your tongue?" Shaxx asks. "Titan, what happened?"

"It's Taiki... He's fallen to the darkness..." Suzuka replies, and the crucible handler drops his gun out of shock.

"He... He what?" Shaxx asks, not able to believe what he's hearing. "He's... Fallen to the darkness?"

"That's the last we ever heard of him." Gold says. When Zavala finally comes back to his senses he shakes his head and walks off.

"How did you find out?" Shaxx asks, and Spe-7 steps forward.

"I have his ship." Spe-7 replies. "He must have abandoned it because we found it floating around the earth's atmosphere. The last place that was registered on the ship was a planet called Europa."

"Europa?" Shaxx asks. "Barely anybody has gone there... What would Taiki want with a desolate, frozen over wasteland?"

"Beats me, but we have to find him if we're going to stop whatever he plans to do." Gold replies. "We need you back in the city to be ready in case something attacks, because if it does... I'm not sure if we'll be able to come back in time to defend."

"I will forward that to the vanguard." Shaxx says as Zavala broadcasts a message to the last city.

Present Time

"There's no sign of Mercury, Mars, Titan or Io whatsoever... It's as if the darkness completely claimed them for itself." Gold says. "But Europa is just up ahead."

"Then let's not waste any time." Spe-7 replies. "Let's head down." And with that the trio breaches Europa's atmosphere, ready to find the fallen guardian known as Taiki-9.