Chapter Forty-Eight

"So to start the system, all you have to do is enter the four-digit code that you chose and if you need to quickly alert the police in case of an emergency, you'll just enter 2-5-8-0, straight down the keypad

"So to start the system, all you have to do is enter the four-digit code that you chose and if you need to quickly alert the police in case of an emergency, you'll just enter 2-5-8-0, straight down the keypad." The technician instructs Taehyung and Ria as they carefully pay attention to how to properly work their newly installed security system.

After already running into a terrifying situation while Ria was left alone, Taehyung wasted no time in getting a security system installed right away, not caring how much it was going to cost him to do so. He had figured Miles was going to cause some kind of trouble at some point but he never thought he would go to the extent of entering their home without permission.

Granted, there was no solid evidence that it was Miles who brought the roses and the creepy as fuck unsigned note but with all of the out-of-the-box things happening since he showed back up, it wasn't hard for him to put two and two together. The unending phone calls, the black sedan Ria has mentioned she keeps seeing, the emails, gifts, other odd things, but this crossed a line beyond anything he imagined.

Saying their goodbyes to the technician, Taehyung wraps an arm around Ria and walks her over to the keypad, "Try it out. I'd rather have it set even if we're all home."

Pressing in the code they agreed upon, it sings a little happy chime confirming that the system is now active. Now, any time a door is opened, a window is lifted, or the garage is opened, there will be a sound alerting them. They both agreed to also always let the other know when they have come home so that neither one has to worry about who it is, especially Ria.

That night, she was unable to sleep. Every time she drifted off into a deep slumber, she would wake up frightened. Taehyung witnessed her dosing off time and time again until she eventually got up and started unpacking some more, just something to keep her mind occupied. He absolutely hated that she wasn't feeling safe in their new home and couldn't even enjoy their first night together within these four walls. Hopefully, now she can find some kind of peace again.

"I want to drive you to work tomorrow." Taehyung mentions as he sits down on the barstool at the kitchen island while watching Ria start to make dinner.

"I'll need my car to go meet clients and you'll need yours to go to job sites babe. We can't let fear stop us from living our lives." She argues although he can tell it's reluctantly.

Sighing, he nods his head. He'd much rather know she got to work and back safely, unsure what Miles may do next but until they have good evidence, there's nothing the cops can do to help a bad feeling. He already called and spoke to them about their suspicions that morning.

"Damnit, I need more olive oil." Ria groans as she searches through the cabinet again.

"Want me to go to the store? There's a little market not far from here." Taehyung offers, hoping that she'd be able to find some, not feeling too content with leaving her alone so soon.

For Everything I Am | KTH 18+ ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara