"You two sound like such troublemakers," Erik joked. 

"Oh we were, we got in trouble with the cops a few times," I continued. 

"So running from the police isn't anything new," Erik starting laughing. 

"No, I'm quite experienced at evading capture," I joked. 

"We have to play capture the flag someday," Erik announced. 

"Don't say that in front of your son, he'll start getting more ideas," I added. 

"He certainly is not what I was expecting," Erik said. 

"Hmm, and what were you expecting?" I asked. 

"Someone a little more like me I suppose," Erik concluded. 

"How could he be like you if he'd never met you?" I questioned. 

"Fair point, but he doesn't seem much like his mother either," Erik added. 

"Does it get easier, not having a family?" I asked boldly. I felt Erik stiffen up and I wondered if I'd overstepped.

"It does eventually, but you'll never really feel the same. You're in luck though because you've got all of us," Erik reassured. 

"Yeah, I mean your not half-bad," I joked.

"Ouch, wow. Seriously though you've got everyone in the school, especially that Fiance of yours. You should've seen the way he begged me to go save you, his face was priceless," Erik spoke. 

"Just wait for everyone's faces when we finally get out of here," I added. 

"How long have we been here?" Erik questioned.

"No idea, time is weird here. Maybe a few seconds, maybe a few months, no way to know until we return," I answered. We sat in silence for well I don't know how long. It felt like maybe twenty minutes, but I don't know. Then low and behold the magical door popped back up. Erik looked up at it excitedly. We walked over to it when Erik suddenly stopped. I turned and looked at him. 

"You know while no one is looking, we could hug and no one would have to know..." Erik alluded. 

"You know you can just ask for a hug, you don't need to pretend like you don't have feelings," I spoke.

"I'm just saying you know if you want, no one would see..." Erik added. I rolled my eyes at him and we put his arms out. I gave in and entered his hug. Despite being the poster child for never expressing emotions Erik certainly didn't seem to want to end the hug. 

"Erik, will you be my family?" I asked him.

"Of course, but that means you have to be my family too," He replied.

"Deal," I answered.

We broke apart and walked through the door back to the real world. I was blinded for a brief second before waking up back in my body. I started coughing up the leftover smoke rather aggressively. I looked around and noticed we were in the medbay. How long were we dead for? I saw Erik in the hospital bed next to mine looking down at his burnt clothes.

"My robe is burnt..." Erik spoke sounding dejected. 

"I'm sorry for your loss," I joked. Erik did not look amused. Two sets of footsteps were coming down the hall toward us. 

"They're awake! They're awake!"

"Get out of my way!"

"I need to see my husband!"

"I need to see my Fiancee!"

Hank and Charles pushed past each other and into the room. Erik and I started laughing at the two of them almost slipping on the slick floors. Charles reached Erik first and he delicately grabbed hold of his husband. Hank soon arrived at my hospital bed with a goofy grin on his face. 

"Hi," Hank spoke awkwardly.

"So what did I miss?" I asked.

"Well, we put out the fire. Jean rebuilt the school. We sent all the kids home, except the Tier 5's. Then we waited for you two to come back," Hank answered.

"Did you find anything left of Logan to bury?" I asked trying to keep my composure.

"Unfortunately no, I'm sorry. There's one thing though, I thought you would like these," Hank spoke. He reached into his pocket and pulled out Logan's dog tags. Hank gently placed the dog tags in my hands. I looked down at them. This is all that's left of my brother?

"Thank you," I spoke. I finally gave in and started to cry. 

He's gone.