❀ intertwined ❀

art creds: pk_wobasan

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Three syllables and three words that take only a second to say. Those three words rang like bells in my ear. I think my jaw hung right in front of her like an idiot. I physically couldn't believe the words that came out of her mouth, I was in shock. I've only ever heard the words "i love you" in songs or movies, but never experienced someone say it to me until now. I shook my head in disbelief and blinked multiple times at her.

"what.. did you just say?", I question.

She smiles shyly, "i'm not saying it again."

I pout, "please say it again... i really didn't catch it."

"i... love...", Mikasa says as she grits her teeth.

I laugh, "love...?"

She rolls her eyes, "you."

I hug her tightly in my arms, "say it again! say it again!"

[several hours later]

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Abruptly, I open my eyes to wake up the sound of a loud alarm. The sun was glistening over my face which was the first thing I saw when I did open my eyes. Similar to movies, I tried to slam my hand on the table to make the alarm stop, but it was a phone and not a clock. I groggily rubbed my eyes and leaned over the side of the bed to shut it off. The time on the phone read, 12:34 pm. After turning it off, I slide back into bed next to Mikasa. Her body was wrapped around my left arm as if she was a koala. Even though the sound of air horns filled the room, Mikasa was still fast asleep. I tucked her hair behind her ears and kissed her on the forehead. She was cute even while she was sleeping. Mikasa was wrapped around me sort of tight, so I wiggled my arm out and slipped away. I carefully removed myself from the bed and covered her again with the blanket. Slipped on some house slippers and slowly exited the room.

I decided to make breakfast since she did help me after I threw up on her, it was just the polite thing to do. The thought of it was embarrassing to remember. I popped open her fridge which was loaded with groceries. Browsing through my selections, I wondered what she might like to eat. Back in middle school, I remember she would always choose the pancakes for our morning meal. I looked around to see if she had any pancake mix and luckily she did. It was the instant mix that you add with water and it'll make the batter with a few mixes. After I mixed together a good consistency, I grabbed the cart of strawberries from the fridge and put it on the counter. I removed a few strawberries from the box and then put it back in the fridge. I washed the strawberries that were in my hand in the kitchen sink. I ended up cutting them in the shapes of hearts to add a cute touch. I set those aside and worked on the pancakes. Firstly, I turned on the stove and placed a pan on top. Secondly, a large circle of batter covered the surface of the pan. I even sprinkled some chocolate chips in there. Thirdly, after a few minutes I flipped it with a flick of a spatula. Then once that side of the pancake was done cooking—Voilà! A fluffy pancake.

When I was done plating her pancakes and all, I transferred it onto a wooden platter and delivered it to her room

When I was done plating her pancakes and all, I transferred it onto a wooden platter and delivered it to her room. I held the platter firmly with both hands making sure it doesn't fall. The pancakes and I made it safely into Mikasa's room. The sound of the wood clattering on a nearby table sort of woke Mikasa up. The sound of a loud alarm didn't wake her but this did. How ironic.

I looked behind me while I set the food aside, "good morning, sorry i woke you up."

"no worries darling. what's that amazing smell?" As she scratches her head slightly.

I blinked slowly and stopped in my tracks. I was heavily flustered for multiple reasons. For one, Mikasa looked and even sounded beautiful. How could one look like an angel after they just woke up. I think my heart skipped a beat and a big rainbow appeared above her head. The nickname darling really just does something to me, you know?

I quickly snapped out of it, "it's um... pancakes!!.."

Her face lit up with joy as she saw the breakfast I made for her, "y/n.. this looks amazing! let's dig in!"

The pancakes were demolished within 10 or so minutes, the plate was licked clean. I rubbed my stomach and looked over at Mikasa who was just getting up to clean up our mess. As I was about to get up, she told me to sit down and that they would clean it up since I made breakfast. She left the room and shortly came back inside. I don't know why, but when she walked into the room my whole body boiled from within. Mikasa was wearing a shirt and underwear, her messy hair even added a small touch to her look. I supposed she noticed I was checking her out, because she laughed and rolled her eyes.

Mikasa leaned on the bed next to me, "stop looking at me like that.. it makes my heart do this funny thing."

I could see her blushing and looking away, "aww how sweet, are you saying i make your heart flutter?"

"that's not what i meant!...", Yet she's leaning ever so closely.

I softly pinch her left cheek and kiss it shortly afterwards. She was cute when she blushed. She was cute when she did anything in fact. A few swift pecks around her cheeks lead to our lips grazing against each other. Tension quickly rose as her soft skins brushed against mine. I smoothly connected our lips together and moved my hand toward to her hips while I sat up on the bed. Before we could move any further, another loud alarm interrupted us. We both sighed and Mikasa grabbed her phone. Panic filled her eyes as she suddenly pulled away with her phone in her hand.

"why what's wrong??" I asked urgently.

"i totally forgot i had work!! i'm 3 hours late!" Mikasa said as she got dressed.

I pouted on the bed, "couldn't you just stay then? you're already extremely late"

She looked over at her phone, "but..."

I gave her the puppy eyes, "please? just this once..! i'll make it worth your time."

Reluctantly Mikasa agreed and said that it was the first time she's ever been late or skipped out on work since she's been working there. I smiled from ear to ear and patted the space on the bed next to me. Mikasa jumped onto the bed without hesitation. She grabbed onto my arm and flipped herself on top of me. I gulped at the sight of her on top of me.

She smirks, "let's finish what we started shall we?"