fifty-six

Two months later...

"I'm sorry, y/n but I have an errand to do. I'm very sorry that I couldn't be there with you for tonight"

That was what Osamu replied to me when I asked him out for a hangout. Actually, it did sadden me a little that he couldn't make it. Well, I'm finally turning a year older when the clock strikes 12. I tried calling for Mika, and she said she'll be with Daishou. Sakura... She said she's busy with her assignments. And as for Akari, she said she's busy too.

Everyone is busy including Osamu. It actually upsets me.

"Y/N..." Osamu called my name softly, snapping me out of my own thoughts. "Hm? Hm, okay. I understand. I guess I'll just stay home tonight" I faked a smile.

"Alright. I gotta go. I'll call you when I'm done with my works" he hung up before I could ever respond to him.

Well now, that hurts. But okay... I guess?

Osamu and I have gotten really close ever since Atsumu went for Brazil. We hang out every day; he drove me to class, brought me out for breakfasts, lunches, and even dinners. He also brought me to Hyogo to meet with Mr. and Mrs. Miya.

He took care of me very well. He always ensures that I didn't skip my meals. He's really a man of his words. Each day that I spent with him, I felt like the word sadness doesn't even exist. I felt the happiest when I'm with him. He always makes me laugh, smile, and just to make me feel good to sum it up.

He's also someone who's unexpectedly romantic. It's not like I'm hoping for something more from him but I like it the way he treats me. I like how my days pass without worries, without any negative feelings inside of me.

Though... I also can't deny that I missed the blonde one. I wonder what is he doing over there? Did he eat well? Had enough rest? And most importantly, is he happy?

It's been two months since he left. No calls and no texts. I guess he's focusing on his career there.

Not only that, everything seemed to go well. Suna is still in the centre. According to Osamu, who never skip from visiting him at least once a week, he said that Suna's getting better with the help of the psychiatrists and doctors there. He looked well, his behavior has also changed, from what he said.

But now, all I can say is....

I'm upset that no one is free on my birthday.

I laid down on my bed, arms stretched out freely while I looked up at the white ceiling. The third years will be graduating in few weeks. I let out a sigh. Time surely flies quickly. It felt like everything happened yesterday. How I met Suna, how I got with Atsumu, how the drama started, and how I watched him go.

My lips curved into a smile. I'm going to be a third-year soon and I'll be graduating soon, even if it's a year away, but I believe that time will come in a blink.

"I hope days like this will stay forever" I closed my eyes.

11:59pm

I woke up from my sleep when I heard a continuous knock on the door. I quickly got out of my bed and walked towards the door to open it.

"Happy birthday y/n!!!"

Everyone was there; Mika and Sakura with their balloons, Akari with some snacks with her, and Osamu standing in the middle with a cake in his hands. Daishou was also there.

I widened my eyes, totally surprised by the mini celebration they were doing. "Guys..." I looked at the cake. It was an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins.