forty-one.

"If only Atsumu hasn't come to his senses" he said. I looked up at the male. He meant it. He wanted me to go to the prom with him. At this point, I don't even know if I will actually go to the prom. I felt like ditching it because of this miserable situation I'm currently in. Atsumu has been giving me cold and silent treatment as well, so I don't know if we're going to the prom together. "Rin..."

"Let me drive you to the prom if Atsumu still in his jerk state. I would rather drive you than to let you go by a cab" he cut me off. I furrowed my eyebrows, puzzled. Talking about the prom, it's tomorrow and Atsumu and I haven't reconcile yet. Everything is still in a mess. "You don't have to give me answer now. Just try to talk to Atsumu about the prom. If he ditch you, then you'll go with me, okay?" he straightened his back, sighing before his hand patted the top of my head. "I'm just going to meet a friend before the practice. Atsumu might be in the gym now" he said and left.

I watched Suna walking away and heaved out loud. What should I do? That was the only thing that I could think of. Suna has a point. I should at least try to talk with Atsumu, not only about the prom, maybe we both can actually have a proper talk so we could end the conflict between us two. I sighed again before making my way towards the gym.

I saw Atsumu practicing on his serve alone once I entered the huge gym. I watched him spiking the ball hard as if he was letting out his frustration and anger through volleyball. "What are you doing here?" he asked when he saw me. I stretched my lips into a smile before walking towards him. I missed him so much.

"To see you" I said with a smile. My hand reached for his and I held his hand tight. Eyes locked on his, I couldn't stop looking at my boyfriend. This man right here, is the love of my life. But...

"What do you want?" he pulled his hand from my grip. That kinda shocked me... And also upsetting. My smile started to fade. Atsumu looked at me in annoyance. He seemed disgusted with me. I swallowed, comforting myself from breaking down in front of him. "Are you still mad at me?" I asked. "What if I said yes?" he quirked an eyebrow, giving me an unpleasant attitude. "Until when you're going to give me these silent and cold treatment, Tsumu? When can we end this argument and go back to the old us? When?" eyebrows furrowed and my voice raised a little. "Who knows" he sighed.

I let out a sigh. I was tired of arguing especially with him. Atsumu and his ego can't be separated. Never. "I'm trying to make things up for us so please, let's just reconcile. Please" I know I sounded desperate but I don't care. I'm tired of arguing. This mess made me feel so suffocated. "That still won't change the fact that you kissed your ex" he scoffed.

Oh my God...

I looked up at him again with a tired look portrayed on my face. "I can't help but to notice that you always have that disgusted look on your face every time you look at me" I pursed my lips. Well, that thought hurts. "Are you really disgusted with me already, Tsumu?" my voice cracked. Atsumu stared down at me. I saw the look on his face changed. That look of disappointment but I'm not sure for whom it is.

I nodded my head as the end of our discussion . He didn't answer me so I assumed that he really feel disgusted with me. "Never mind. I know we will never can to have a normal talk like we used to after this. It's okay, Tsumu. I understand how you're feeling. I just hope that you'll eat and practice well" I flashed him a bitter smile before turning my body to leave the gym, only to see Suna standing at the door with his arms crossed over his chest.

He looked at me through his half-lidded eyes. I walked towards him and looked up at him in the eyes. "You can pick me up at 7pm tomorrow" I said, in the urge of breaking down. "I'll be waiting for you" I told the male before leaving the gym.

Suna's eyes moved to meet Atsumu's. "Why did you do that?" he asked. Atsumu picked up the ball and threw it into the basket. "So that she'll go to the prom with you instead of me" he replied. "I still don't get it. Why though?" Suna quirked an eyebrow, still leaning his side against the door frame. "Because she's the happiest when she's with you" the blonde sighed. "Then why aren't you letting her go?" that got Atsumu to turn his head towards the black-haired guy.