Twenty nine ✓

Bad liar

Zayn's POV (A/N: I thought you guys might need some clarification since we switch POVs so regularly now. This was also originally Camilla's POV so ...)

Camilla stepped into my Infiniti, that was parked a block away from her house. I leaned over to give her a kiss, out of habit, frowning when she pushed me away. "What's wrong?" I asked. She glared at me, taking her time to answer but I was too impatient. "Camilla, talk to me! Tell me what I've done." Some part of me feared that this was because I'd shot my father. That she couldn't handle being with me anymore. "Nothing. You've done nothing. But it was recently brought to my attention that you have a thing for older woman."
I faltered, unable to hide the shock and panic that seized my body. She knew. Someone had told her. "I have no idea what you're talking about," I said, lying through my teeth. I knew exactly what she was talking about. "Really? Are you going to pretend that you're not cheating on me with a woman twice our freaking age?!" She was so angry that her voice trembled.
"Cheating on you?" I gaped, now seriously having no idea what she was on about. "Camilla I could never-"
"You're lying!" She exclaimed, dramatically throwing her arms up in the air.
"Can you bring your voice down a bit? You're giving me a headache." This was apparently, the wrong thing to say.
"Is this some sort of joke to you, huh? Are my feelings a joke to you? You never cared for me, you fucking liar!"
I began to panick when she moved to leave, grabbing her hands and stopping her.
"You're not a joke to me, I swear. And yes, I did sleep with her. But that was a long time ago. Long before you and I started our relationship," I said, voice loud and desperate. I couldn't let her leave me. Not when she was the only one keeping me sane at the moment. "Have you no shame? She is old enough to be your mother," she said, eyes still furious.
"Don't you think I know that!?" I snapped. "I'm not proud that I did but yes, it happened."
"You keep regarding it in the late tense-"
"Because it is!"
"No! She told me herself-"
"She? Jasmine herself told you?"
"Why does it matter who told me?" She asked. I was already plotting Jasmine's demise in my head. How dare she try to take away the only real thing in my life? Who the fuck does she think she is? "I'm done, Zayn,"Camilla said softly.
"What do you mean 'done'? Are you breaking up with me?"
"No," she sighed, much to my relief. "But I just...need a break. To think."
"What do you want to think about? Camilla everything I told you is true! I only have eyes for you, I swear."
She left anyway, tears streaming down her face.

***

"What do you want?" I asked my father as I sat down across him. All I wanted to do was go to my room and smoke some weed. Or better yet, go kill Jasmine Butler.
"How was your day?"
I looked at him, shocked. Never in my life, do I remember him ever asking me that. I never thought he even cared. "You seem surprised that I asked you that," he chuckled, before bursting into a fit of coughing. I eyed him, unable to hide my worry. "Do you want some water?" I asked, getting up to fetch it anyway but he stopped me. "I'm okay, sit down."
I did as I was told. "My end days are near, son. We all know that. I want to reconcile with you, put the past eight years behind us. Nothing else matters to me more than you, believe it or not-"
"Why are you telling me this?" I didn't want to hear it. Not after I'd shot him. Guilt was going to kill me.
"Because I want you to know this! I failed to tell this to your mother, but I won't fail again-" he broke into another coughing fit, this one lasting longer than the other one. "Why don't you go to the hospital? You're clearly getting worse," I said.
"No. If I die, I die. I don't want to prolong the process-"
"But I c-can't watch you waste away with every day! You're my father! And that unfortunately means I will always have love for you!" My eyes were welling up, much to my dismay.
"There's something else bothering you," he chuckled, weakly. "Tell me."
I looked at him, hesitating before saying anything. "She broke up with me."
"Who? Camilla?"
"Yes," I nodded. Technically she said she wanted a break but what relationship ever survives those things.
"What did you do?"
"Nothing," I said, refusing to tell my father that I slept with a woman almost his age.
"Come on, the had to be a reason why she would end things. A good one, a that."
"Can we not talk about this?" I muttered, voice resembling a chocking chicken. He nodded, deciding to let it go. When I was in the safety of my room that night, my thoughts overcame me. Part of me was angry that Camilla had jumped to conclusions based on something someone else told her about our relationship. Did she have absolutely zero trust in me? But yet again, I'd done absolutely nothing to earn that trust. And then the shit with my father. I didn't know how long I'd take to be able to convince him to go to the hospital. But either way, I'd try. I couldn't just watch him waste away. I had to do something.

A/N

Another chapter I struggled with. The end is near people! I'm honestly so over this story, but I'm sure I'll fall back in love with it again. I've already plotted the sequel, as in I'll be writing on a specific plot line to avoid plot holes. I NEVER do that so this should be ... interesting and hard. When ever I set a plot, when it comes to writing it my characters take over and just...narrate the rest of the chapter. Like I'm not kidding they write themselves! They have minds of their own. Anyway, please vote and comment and just share your thoughts- deep stuff y'all. Thank you so much for reading (though 99% of but you are silent readers).

Bye:-)

Befour( A Zayn Malik Fanfic) COMPLETE!!!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें