"What is it now Harry? Do you need help with your potions homework?" She questioned but then stopped when she saw my empty arms. She scoffed, 

"Never mind then. It was a silly question. Why are you here Harry?" There was an annoyance that had me reluctant to do anything. 

"Hermione I think someone cursed me. Look," I pulled up my sleeve to show the writing beneath my own. 

"You actually wrote on your arm! Do you know how bad that is for your skin?!" she exclaimed, irritation building up inside me. 

"You were the one that told me to do it!" I said defensively feeling the urge to pull down my sleeve. Hermione's face lit up in realization and then she smacked her forehead. 

"I didn't think you would actually do it! Never mind that, what's so important that you interrupted my studying?" She grabbed my arm to examine the writing on it. Hermione muttered Lumos to light the tip of her wand to get a better look. 

"Well, this..... and before you ask no I did not write the second bit." Hermione had now started twisting my arm, I winced slightly not wanting to interrupt her. 

"I know that Harry. You could never write this nice," My face got red from embarrassment and I felt a pang in my heart. She had said that so casually, not even missing a beat. It was true though I couldn't disagree. 

Hermione finished with my arm and then resumed her thinking position. She sat facing me at the table her legs crossed, and her head resting gently in her hands. 

"We have to search the library, start over there with the charms and see what they could have there. I will be searching over here." She commanded as she pointed over to the other side of the library where there were no students. I nodded slowly and drudged over to the bookshelf she had been referring to dragging my feet along the floor. 

--------------------------------------------------

Draco POV

I dashed out of the library the second I saw an opportunity too. Why did it have to be Potter?  It always Potter. Always has been. 

The fear of being caught, called out and rejected propelled me forward as I hurried down the corridor. I should never have written that on my arm. That was clear to me now. But it was too late. The damage had been done. Now Harry was one step closer to finding out my secret. 

No doubt he was going to find that Mudblood to help with. No way would he step foot in the library alone. With her help, he would find out within a fortnight. At least they wouldn't know it was him. That would take longer. 

I had known since my first year when I could finally go into the Hogwarts library. I spent weeks there researching to no avail. It was only when my Godfather allowed me access to the restricted section, did I actually find the right book. Due to this, I realized why Harry could never find out. 

When I finally got to dungeons I slowed down and allowed myself to breathe. Why was I panicking? A Malfoy never panics. Get a grip on yourself. I took a deep breath, lowering my shoulders, and straightening my posture. 

I knew what I had to do.

-------------------------------------------------

Harry POV: 

I had searched the weathered, aged bookshelves for what seemed like forever and still made no progress. There was one book that I swore was the one but Hermione said that the charm could not have done what happened to me. Apparently, the difference between a charm and whatever happened to me was the magic signature. Or lack thereof in my case. Hermione said that whatever was happening to me was either non-magical or can't be detected by normal magical means. It was all so frustrating! The book had to be here somewhere. 

Hermione had even tried even asked Madam Pince for help. Without mentioning my problem of course. Nothing worked. Even with Madam Pince's help we still only found the books we had been looking at this whole time. 

"Harry we can continue searching tomorrow. It's almost 20:00 and we need to be back at the dorms." Hermione called from the bookshelf 10 feet away from me. I groaned in exasperation. I had never spent this long in the library before and I don't intend it to go to waste. Or that's what I wanted to say. Hermione was giving me the impatient look and I knew better than to disagree. 

I nodded slowly and then followed her half-heartedly up to Gryffindor tower. Hermione noticed my long face, it took her less than 30 seconds to figure out what to say. 

"Harry don't be so glum. Honestly, we will find it soon-I mean you do have me looking with you. Just wipe that frown off your face, you look constipated." She stated and I could hear the smile in her voice. Classic. 

"Gee, Thanks a lot 'Mione. 'Preciate it." I said sarcastically which earned an eye-roll from Hermione. 

"Always Harry." 

When we finally got to the portrait Hermione muttered the password and we entered. On the sofa in the common room waiting for us was Ron. In his hands covering his face was a book, granted it was upside down but we chose to ignore that. 

"Well, well, well what do we have here?" He announced slowly lowering the book for dramatic effect. I and Hermione glanced at each other quickly a small chuckle escaped her lips before she could suppress it. 

"We were just at the library Ron. I wanted some help with my potions homework." I'm not sure why I lied to him, it just seemed to be the easiest thing to do. I knew that I could trust him, so why didn't I just tell him. Hermione gave a little scoff but covered it up as a cough. Ron however paled, the color draining from his face. 

"Right- Ummm- The potions homework.... I've done it-don't worry. Alright. G'night Harry, 'Mione"  Ron quickly hurried out of the common rooms and up to the boy's dormitory. I shook my head and gave a little laugh and Hermione muttered something about boys. Then she trudged up the other staircase, leaving me alone in the common room. 

I sighed, looking back down at my arm, only to be shocked at the sight. Both sentences were completely gone and instead, there was a faint red mark that looked awfully like the result of scrubbing. Whoever did this wanted to get rid of the evidence. But I was going to find who they are.

(A/N)

Thank you to all those that read my story. I really appreciate it

I will try to update as much as possible. Hopefully one chapter every day. 

Any advice on the next chapters or anything that you want to see?