31. The Veil

You and the others went back to the room were the veil was. Black smoke traveled around you, meaning the Death Eaters from earlier had found you once again. Five of the Death Eaters were holding Luna, Ginny, Harry, Hermione and Ron, leaving you and Harry on your own defenseless against Lucius Malfoy.

"The prophecy, Potter." Said Malfoy, growing more impatient. "Now!"

"Don't give it to him Harry!" You begged. But Harry seemed to not understand anything around him.

You did did not have to think; there was no choice. The prophecy was hot with the heat of Harry's clutching hand as he held it out. Malfoy jumped forwards to take it.

Then, high above them, two more doors burst open and five more people sprinted into the room: Sirius, Lupin, Moody, Tonks and Kingsley.

Malfoy turned, and raised his wand, but Tonks had already sent a Stunning Spell right at him. You did not wait to see whether it had made contact, but dived off the dais out of the way for any more spells that would come to your way. The Death Eaters were completely distracted by the appearance of the members of the Order, who were now raining spells down upon them as they jumped from step to step towards the sunken floor. Through the darting bodies, the flashes of light, You could see Neville crawling along. You dodged another jet of red light and flung himself flat on the ground to reach Neville.

"Are you okay?" You yelled, as another spell soared inches over your heads.

"Yes," said Neville, trying to pull himself up.

The entire Order was fighting the Death Eaters. As much as you wanted to admire them, you had to keep fighting. That's when Sirius grabbed you and Harry and pulled you behind a stone and damaged pillar.

"Dad!" You threw your arms around his neck, holding him tightly as if this was your last moment with him. He hugged you back, happy that his daughter was alive and well.

"Sorry to cut this beautiful moment but we are about to die here!" Said Harry, sending a stunning spell towards a death eater knocking him out.

"Yes you're right, sorry..." you said awkwardly.

"Take your friends and leave."

"What?" You and Harry said in unison.

"We can't leave you here!" Said Harry.

"Look, you've both done amazing here," Said Sirius, cupping one side of your faces with each hand "but I need you both alive—"

"We're staying. I need to protect you too." You said and Sirius sighed.

"Alright. Follow our lead." And with that, you, Sirius and Harry went back into battle.

Spells were flying with everywhere, from left to the right, either hitting people or the wall behind them. Sirius had hurtled out of nowhere, rammed Dolohov with his shoulder and sent him flying out of the way. The prophecy had again flown to the tips of Harry’s fingers but he had managed to
cling on to it. Now Sirius and Dolohov were dueling, their wands flashing like swords, sparks flying from their wand-tips - Dolohov drew back his wand to make the same slashing movement he had used on you and Hermione.

Springing up, you yelled, "Petrificus Totalus!" Once again, Dolohov’s arms and legs snapped together and he keeled over backwards, landing with a crash on his back.

"Nice one!" shouted Sirius, forcing your head down as a pair of Stunning Spells flew towards them. "Now I want you to get out of-"

You both ducked again; a jet of green light had narrowly missed Sirius. Across the room you saw Tonks fall from halfway up the stone steps, her limp form toppling from stone seat to stone seat and Bellatrix, triumphant, running back towards the fray.

"Harry, take the prophecy, grab Neville and run!" Sirius yelled, dashing to meet Bellatrix with you following him close behind. Harry did as told, running towards Neville, whose leg was bleeding badly.

Sirius and Bellatrix were dueling. You saw that as a sign to protect Sirius and even fight Bellatrix. When she saw you, she let out a laugh.

"You think you can fight auntie Bella, (Y/n/n)?"

"I do believe I can." You smirked "Stupefy!" Bellatrix had just missed your spell earning another laugh from her.

"Protect Sirius..." Regulus' voice came from inside your necklace, the one he had given you.

"Regulus?" You whispered, while sending more stunning spells towards Bellatrix.

"Bellatrix will use the killing curse on him and he will fall into the veil..."  Panic hit you like a train, but you didn't let that affect you.

"What should I do?" You whispered again.

"Stand in front of him and I'll protect you both. Understood?" You nodded.

"Come on, you can do better than that!" Said Sirius, exhausted but adrenaline ran through his veins making it impossible for him to give up fighting.

Bellatrix smirked and with a flick of her wand, she yelled "Avada Kedavra!" towards Sirius. Time felt like it was going slower than usual. Once she had use that spell, you immediately ran to stand in front of him, closing your eyes shut and hoping you or your father wouldn't have died when that spell was released from Bellatrix's wand. You can't remember what happened, you trusted blindly Regulus. Maybe it was stupid...or maybe you did the right thing.

Suddenly, everything was black. You were scared to open your eyes in the first place but now you couldn't open them, you were unconscious.