11. Dance Class

Sitting at breakfast with the twins, Lee Jordan and the Gryffindor's chasers, Alicia, Angelina and Katie, talking about the tournament and what McGonagall could possibly want from you all. In the far corner of your eye, you could see Ron pulling out a large piece of fabric, wait no... that's not just any fabric. Those are dress robes meant for balls! You kicked Fred's and George's legs from bellow and pointed in their brother's direction. They groaned and looked, smirking.

"Ugh, what is this? Ginny, I think these were meant for you" Ron said turning to his sister.

"I'm not wearing that it's disgusting!" Ginny looked up from her soup to the dress robe Ron was holding. Hermione laughed whilst covered her mouth.

"What are you laughing at?" Ron asked confused.

"These are not for Ginny! They're for you" the entire Gryffindor table laughed. "Dress robes!"

"Dress robes? For what?" Ron asked, again oblivious!

"For a ball, possibly." You said before taking a sip from your pumpkin juice.

Before Ron could answer or ask anything, Harry interrupted looking inside the box and pulling out a matching bonet. "Is there a bonet? Aha!" He held it up to Ron's neck. "Well, it sure matches your eyes!" Ron snickered before shoving him slightly.

"I agree Ronald. You look dashing in those dress robes." You laughed, pretending to swoon over him.

"I'm sure every girl would want to dance with you wearing that." Lee said, high-fiving you and the twins.

"Oh shove off!" Ron said before sitting back down. Your friends chuckled.

"So, who are you guys taking?" You turned to the boys of your friend group.

"I have someone in mind." Said Fred, winking at you. You blushed and quickly looked down "How about you, George?" He nudged his brother.

"I have someone in mind as well." George turned slightly to look over to the far end of the Ravenclaw table where a girl and her friends were talking. Astrid looked up from her plate and blushed, of course not before smiling and waving at him. He returned her gesture. "Don't know if she'll accept though. Haven't talked to her that much either way." George looked back to you.

You smiled, knowing exactly who he meant."She'll say yes for sure."

"We'll make her say yes." Lee said, earning an elbow in the ribs from you. "Oi! What's with you elbowing people lately?"

"Someone has to put you back into your place." You smiled at the boy.

-

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition-" McGonagall was interrupted by Filch trying to fix the giant record player in the side of the room. "-of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity." She eyed the twins and turned back to look at the rest of you. "As representatives of the school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost...a dance." The girls started whispering and giggling whilst the boys groaned about the idea of having to dance and ask a girl to be their date.

"Silence!" Said McGonagall "The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboons."

You could hear the twins from the opposite side of you whispering to each other, probably mocking McGonagall.

"To dance is to let the body breathe!" She turned to the girls "Inside every girl a secret swan slumbers to burst off and take flight!" Ron must have muttered something about a girl from the fourth year because immediately, McGonagall turned to him and offered him to dance with her.