"Pack your bag," she says to me, "and you go sleep. The last thing I wanna do when I get back is babysit to zombies."

I very pointedly don't swoon on the fact that she somehow implied to take me with her.

•••

"Keep your bag at the back of the bus."

After doing so, I climb into the bus to see it almost full. My eyes first land on Trish, who's laughing at something. Then I see Sav sitting beside her, very animatedly explaining something.

Trish's eyes land on me and she nods toward to back seats. I open my mouth to protest and tell her that I know no one else here, she looks away.

Before I can get frustrated and stomp off the damn bus, I spot an empty seat in the far back. As the bus has already started to move, I begrudgingly walk to the seat.

On reaching there, I see a girl curled near the window with a book in her hands and head phones on. I realize that she's the same girl who asked me if I knew who Aman was.

"Excuse me?"

No response.

I clear my throat and try again. "Hello?"

A change of expression comes to her face because if something she reads in the book, but she doesn't look up. I bend a little tap her arm, and she jerks so hard that for a moment she almost throws the book at my face.

"Holy cow," she sighs in relief when she looks at me. She then puts off her head phone and keeps the book on her lap.

"Can I sit here?"

"Sure," she smiles, her lips smoothly lathered with a nude shade. "Lemme just..."

She uncurls herself, puts her headphones into a small tote bag that is hanging from a small hanger attached to the back of the seat in front of her.

I thank her and sit down, hanging my own small bagpack off a similar hanger.

"So," I start, "The Secret History?"

She laughs and nods. "I'm rereading it for, like, fifth time."

"I read that ones and I cried too much that I don't even go near it now."

"I think my life has too much happiness in it right now so I need some angst."

We both laugh, and she gushes on about Henry, her favorite character. I keep listening, giving some feedback and laughing a little more.

"Dude, where were you when I was torturing my sanity by staying near Trish?"

"Trying to not torture my sanity, I guess."

"I thought you were Trish's friend."

"Not anymore."

And then I realize that I don't know her name. So I clear my throat and go ahead to introduce myself. "I'm Kaylee, by the way."

"Macy."

We talk about some random stuff, books, music and the conversation slowly pivoted to the three royalties of this Marines High.

"I get why Trish has such an...influence, but what about Savanna. And Aman?"

"You're on the wrong side of the planet, sugar," she says. "You should ask the opposite."

"I don't think I understand."

"Sav is the reason our sports team doesnt suck as much as it used to. And again, Aman has got that badboy rep and too much brains."

"And you thinks that should be making them rule the damn school?" I ask, shaking my head. "Aman is awesome, but how do people even tolerate Savanna?"

"Sav is way more tolerable than Trish," Macy laughs. "People think I defend Sav  I'm biased, but I know Trish. And I don't blame her for acting like that, being protective of whatever she has. It took her years to get there."

I nod and lean back on the seat, looking at Trish smiling eye to eye.

She's so pretty.

"Trish has earned it all, I guess." Macy says again, her voice a lot softer this time. "The those siblings got it all on the silver platter."

"And why is that?"

"You don't know?" She asks, her eyes going wide. "The school feeds on their mothers leftovers. Laura Hart funds the school, that's why."

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

A/N

I published my new story 'The Psycho's Game' and it'll mean me a tons if y'all just give me read and maybe some feedback :) it's the GrayxKaylee book btw

(there are some changes, such as the age difference between the two will be a year.)

And also, I took a screenshot of my peak ranking this time!!!

#18 in girlxgirl?!?!?! Thanks you so muchhhhhhh omg I love yawl ♡♡

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

#18 in girlxgirl?!?!?! Thanks you so muchhhhhhh omg I love yawl ♡♡

And please pray for Palestine ♡ Remember that it's NOT anti-semitic to hold Israel responsible for all the destruction that is being caused. But is IS anti-semitic to blame all the Jewish people for whatever is happening.

Hope you all step staying safe ♡♡