Chapter 21- Famous Last Words

*July 22nd 1995. The Orpheum*

Luke's POV:

We've just finished our soundcheck at the Orpheum. Still feels crazy saying that. Being on this stage is such a thrill, I've never felt such an adrenaline rush like this one, and I know the guys feel it too. There's just something about this place. It's awesome! We all take a bow.

"Whoo! Excellent!"

"Sounds great guys!"

We get cheers from like the five other people in the room with us.

"WHOO! Yeah!" we hear from a brunette girl in the middle of the joint. She's definitely the loudest, and most enthusiastic. Guess she likes our song. Who can blame her though? It's killer!  We all let out a laugh from their reactions as me and Bobby take off our guitars and place them against Alex's platform.

"Thank you! We're Sunset Curve!" Reggie says into his mic, being his usual flirty self. 

"Too bad we wasted that on the soundcheck, it's the tightest we've ever played!" Bobby says, fist bumping me then drying the sweat from his hair with a towel.

"Wait until tonight man, when this place get packed with record execs" I tell him excitedly, gesturing to the mostly empty venue as Reggie and Alex make their way over to us.

"Alex, you were smoking" Reggie tells him.

"Oh, no. I was just warming up. You guys were the ones on fire" he says humbly looking between us all. He is just too cute!

"Could you just own your awesomeness for once?" Reggie asks

Alex looks back to me and Bobby, almost for confirmation. I give him a nod with a reassuring smile and that seems to work.

"Alright I was killing it!" he says with a big grin on his face, I give his shoulders a quick squeeze to show I agree with what he said before changing the subject.

"Okay, well, I'm thinking we fuel up before the show. I'm thinking street dogs" I suggest, barely getting the words out from how pumped up I am right now. I'm way too excited, I can barely stand still.

"Ooh"

"Yes"

Reggie and Alex agree with me. We all make our way off the stage and Bobby heads straight over to that girl from earlier.

"Hey Bobby, where you goin'?" I call out as we all follow him over to the table the girl is wiping down.

"I'm good" Bobby tells me, before turning to talk to her. "Vegetarian. I could never hurt an animal" he tells her coolly. Is he really trying to flirt right now? And does he actually think that line is going to work? Ha! Hilarious!

I rest my arm on Bobby's shoulder as Reggie does the same with Alex.

"You guys are really good" the girl tells us, ignoring his comment. Now that I get a look at her, she's actually really pretty. I'm not interested though. Music is my priority right now. And I'm still not over...

"Thank you" I say. It's always great to hear people love our music. Especially after working so hard to make it to where we are now. It's nice to get the validation that everything was worth it.

"I see a lot of bands. Been in a couple myself. I was really feeling it" she tells us.

"That's what we do this for. I'm Luke by the way" I say casually, flirting a little. I'm just doing it to tease Bobby, it's fun. I cross my arms and give her a flirty smile.

"Hi, I'm Reggie" he says, pointing to himself. Dork

"Alex" he greets with a slight wave. Adorable.