Chapter 5- A Subtle Confession

Alex's POV:

I'm pacing back and forth in my bedroom. I'm supposed to be at rehearsal in 20 minutes but I can't stop thinking about the moments that me and Luke shared yesterday. Why would he think I would hate him? I mean, I'm gay so it's not like I'm gonna judge him or anything. And when we looked into each others eyes, my heart skipped a beat. If my phone hadn't buzzed you'd have though we were going to kiss. I don't how process this honestly. Does Luke like me? I've always pushed the away the thought until now because I thought he was straight and there was no way it could happen but now that I know it's a possiblity.....

No. He can't like me. He could do so much better. And surely if he did like me, he'd have told me last night. I know he'd just come out to me but surely he'd have made his feelings known. Showed some kind of sign. Right?

I really need to talk to someone. I head over Lizzie's room and she has her door open whilst studying on her bed. I knock on her door lightly to let her know I'm there. She jumps slightly and lifts her head up to look at me.

"Oh hey Lex, everything good?" she asks me

"Kinda? Do you think we could talk about something real quick?"

"Yeah of course Alex. Come sit". She moves to end of her bed and pats the spot next to her. I move over and sit down next her and begin telling her about everything that happened yesterday. Leaving out the part about Luke's sexuality obviously. I'm not the kind of person to out someone. That's not fair on them.

"Okay. So you think that you guys shared a moment and now you're questioning everything, being your normal worrisome self" Lizzie concludes.

"Yeah pretty much. What do you think I should do about it?" I ask her. She almost always knows what to do in any given situation. I honestly wouldn't cope without her. She's my rock.

"Hmm" she ponders. Suddenly her face lights up. She must've though of a good answer.

"So, you wrote that song about him the other day right?" I nod. " Well, what if you show it to the band at rehearsal and look at Luke's reaction to the lyrics. Maybe that might tell you how he feels about you?" she suggests

"Yeah. Yeah, that could work. SHIT! Rehearsal! I'm gonna be late! Do you think you could give me a ride again?" I say in rush as I collect everything I need.

"Sure, let me just grab my coat and we'll go" she says calmly.

We both rush to her car and get to Bobby's house with only a couple of minutes to spare.

Thank god I'm not late.

Liz's POV:

When we get to the studio, the boys are all sat around the coffee table discussing something. As always, Reggie is the first to notice we're here and gives us one of his killer smiles. Butterflies start swirling through my stomach every single time he smiles. He's like my own person drug and I can't help but crave more.

"Hey Alex, Hey Liz" he says, still grinning madly. Reg very rarely doesn't have a smile on his face and you can't help but smile right along with him. It's contagious.

"Hey Reg, hello boys" I say. The boys wave but don't look away from each other as they continue the conversation they're having. Rude! It better be important or we are going to be having words about manners later.

"Um guys" Alex starts. He looks over to me and I give him a reassuring smile as he continues, pulling the paper with his song written on it from his back pocket "I have a song I wrote and was wondering if we could play it. Not for a gig or anything but you know, I just wanted hear how it sounded with all of us playing I guess" he rambles. 

Reggie comes over and takes the song from Alex and starts reading over it. The other boys move to grab their guitars and plug them into the amps. I use this chance to sit over on the couch.

The song gets passed around the boys. Probably so they can figure out their parts. I turn to try and get Luke's reaction and I notice he has a pout stuck on his face. Why would he be sad? Is he jealous? Does Luke have crush on my brother?!?!?!?!

I'm brought back to reality as Luke starts playing the song.

🎶🎶🎶🎶

[Luke:]

You walked into the room and now my heart has been stolen
You took me back in time to when I was unbroken
Now you're all I want
And I knew it from the very first moment
'Cause a light came on when I heard that song and I want you to sing it again

I swear that every word you sing, you wrote them for me
Like it was a private show, I know you never saw me
When the lights come on and I'm on my own
Will you be there to sing it again?
Could I be the one you talk about in all your stories
Can I be him?

I heard there was someone but I know he don't deserve you
If you were mine I'd never let anyone hurt you, no, no
I wanna dry those tears, kiss those lips
It's all that I've been thinking about
'Cause a light came on when I heard that song and I want you to sing it again
I swear that every word you sing, you wrote them for me
Like it was a private show, but I know you never saw me
When the lights come on and I'm on my own
Will you be there to sing it again?
Could I be the one you talk about in all your stories?

Can I be the one
Can I be the one
Can I be the one
Oh, can I, can I be him?

Won't you sing it again?
Oh, when you sing it again
Can I be him?
Oh, sing it again, yeah
Oh, when you sing it again
Can I be him?

I swear that every word you sang, you wrote 'em for me
Like it was a private show, but I know you never saw me
When the lights come on and I'm on my own
Will you be there, will you be there?
Can I be the one you talk about in all your stories

Can I be him?
Can I be him?
Can I be him?
Can I be him?