Chapter 17- Movin' Out

*April 1995*

Liz's POV:

Today I received a letter. A life-changing kind of letter. I found out that I got accepted into Harvard to study Law. I don't quite know how to feel honestly. I mean, obviously I'm proud of myself for getting in to such a prestigious school, but this isn't what I want. I know my parents want me to go to law school but I know that I won't be happy if I do. I want to make music, I want stay with my best friends, my boyfriend and my brother. I really do not want to become a lawyer. I want to be there when the boys finally make it big to celebrate their success, not thousands of miles away from them alone, completely miserable and living out someone else's dream. My parents would never allow it though. Maybe I could move out? I mean, my parents made me an account with money for my school tuition in it. There must be around $20,000 in it if not more. That should cover a few months rent, and I can look for a job in the meantime. But that would leave Alex here with them. 

Immediately, I know what needs to be done. I just hope I can do it as soon as possible. I'll begin planning everything tonight.

 I don't even realise that I've started crying until Alex comes to sit next to me on my bed and starts to wipe away my tears. I turn to look at him with a slight smile which he returns. 

"What's wrong Liz? Did something bad happen? Is it our parents? Did Reggie do something?" Alex questions anxiously

"No Al, nothing bad happened. I just have a lot on mind right now" I tell him. He lets out a breath of relief before pulling me in for a hug. I hug him back quickly before getting my stuff together so we can go to school. 

"Alex, when we get home, remind me that I need to talk to you about something important okay?" I ask nervously. He nods his head, confused about what could be so important. 

We make our way to my car and head to school. When we get there, I park my car next to the bands van that the other three boys are leant against. We both get out of my car to greet them.

"There's my favourite person in the world" Reggie says, pulling me in by my waist and placing his lips on my own. Alex breaks us apart.

"Okay lovebirds, let's go inside before we're late" he tells us as we all make our way into school. 

*Time jump to the end of school*

I'm outside waiting in my car for Alex and the boys. I see them all walking out laughing with each other before noticing me. Luke and Bobby give me a nod with a smile before getting in the van. Alex and Reggie make their way over to my car, Reggie rushing to the passenger side and quickly getting in. Alex sits in the back, crossing his arms with a pout on his face.

"Dude! That's my spot" Alex tells Reggie, clearly upset about being in the backseat.

"Yeah well, she's my girlfriend so I get dibs" Reggie says confidently.

"Reggie, honey, Alex is my brother. He kinda comes first. Love you though!" I tell him, placing a kiss on his cheek before starting the car and making my way out of the school parking lot.

The three us start talking about school and just random stuff until Alex reminds me about this morning.

"Hey Liz, what did you wanna talk about? You told me to remind you about it so I know it's important" Alex says, causing Reggie to look over at me, his face a mix of confusion and concern.

"You're right Al. It is important" I sigh. "Erm, why don't we go to the lookout and I'll tell you both there okay?" I ask, trying to avoid talking about it for as long as possible. I'm nervous. It's a big thing. They both nod and I start driving to our spot.