A pensive look crossed Litzreich’s face as she slumped down onto the arm of her chair in thought.

Seeing her like that, Saluena reached out an empathetic olive branch.

[Saluena]: “……for that matter, just how informed are you?”

……..oh.

[Litzreich]: “W-What do you mean by that?”

Saluena’s narrow gaze caused Litzreich to actually shrink back for once.

We brainstormed together as to why these gnomes would be causing such a ruckus while we were making our way out of the dungeon, and we all settled on a certain hypothesis.

However a national secret would have to be known in order to formulate that hypothesis. And that secret isn’t something we are allowed to repeat aloud.

[Saluena]: “Rosa, how much am I allowed to tell her?”

[Rose]: “…..I hold no position inside the temple……my apologies. It is impossible for me to say for sure.”

[Toslin]: “But she’s our client, so there isn’t really any other choice than to tell her.”

With Toslin chipping in, Rose-san took a moment to think before nodding.

[Rose]: “Litzreich-san. Could you lend us some of your time and join us at the church?”

[Litzreich]: “Hmm, right now? W-Well, I don’t really mind….. Unless, no way……you’re secretly trying to isolate me so you can dispose of your rival in love!?”

[Rose]: “When did we become rivals? I have no intention of doing anything of the sort, so please just quietly follow.”

[Marie]: “I see…… Which is why you have come to me.”

Once we had arrived at the church, we were escorted to Archbishop Marie Arone……or Marie-sama’s private office.

It was a simple room without any kind of decorative furnishings despite how large it was. It kind of reminded me of our room at the Shining Hen.

Marie-sama beckoned me over while I was lost in my feelings of déjà vu despite this being my first time in the room.

[Marie]: “Come here Iris-chan.”

[Iris]: “Y-Yes! What is it?”

Marie-sama pulled out a small box from her drawer as I sprinted over.

[Marie]: “Here, have some candy♪ I hear you are attending school now. Do your best in your studies.”

[Iris]: “Woah, so beautiful…….”

When I opened the box’s lid, I found rows of beautiful pieces of candy as radiant as gems. There was a rainbow of colors, and each of them had their own sweet aroma.

[Iris]: “Thank you very much Marie-sama.”

I brought both my hands together in front of my chest, bent my knees, and gave Marie-sama a small bow.

[Marie]: “Fufufu, my my. How elegant. Did you learn how to bow while you were at school?”

[Iris]: “N-No, it was Rose-san who…..”

I practiced all sorts things on etiquette including how to bow with Rose-san and Noelia-san when I was preparing for my audience.

I wasn’t able to do it right away, but I feel like I’m getting better at it little by little as time goes on.

[Marie]: “Priestess Rosalith”

[Rose]: “Yes”

Marie-sama turned to Rose-san after patting my head.

[Marie]: “It is a tad informal, but…..”

Marie-sama pressed her middle and index finger to the spot right above Rose-san’s chest where the tikarodeka coat of arms was inscribed on her armor.

[Marie]: “By my authority as an archbishop, I recognize you as a priestess of the highest caliber and hereby name you high priestess.”

[Rose]: “……you honor me Marie Arone-sama.”

With those short words, Rose-san performed a bow much more elegant than mine had been.

Woah, is that a promotion? Or, I suppose they would rather call this an advance in rank right?

I’m not sure what rank Rose-san was before, (or that there even were ranks to be honest), but this is a good thing right?

[Marie]: “I pray that you continue to serve as her sword and shield from now on.”

[Rose]: “I will. I swear to protect Calvafon-sama even if it costs me my life.”

[Iris]: “……..”

……..but, somehow, this makes me feel a bit lonely.

Rose-san is referring to me by my last name, and it almost sounds like she’s saying she is only protecting me because she’s a priestess.

No, I know that’s not how it really is. Rose-san has been kind to me and has been protecting me from before I ever received this grimoire.

But, I’ve been feeling close to Rose-san lately, so her acting like that is strangely worrisome to me.

[Litzreich]: “So, is everything all right then? Can I find out why you needed me here?”

Litzreich had been on pins and needles the entire time over here, and she was finally unable to stop herself.

[Marie]: “High Priestess Rosalith. You now have the authority to confer our secrets. I would ask you to explain things to Rinrin-sama.”

[Rose]: “Certainly.”

Rose-san turned towards Litzreich with a nod.

[Litzeich]: “What? You mean…..this is something so secret, you needed the archbishop’s permission to tell me about it?”

[Rose]: “That is correct. And with my newly appointed power and authority, I must forbid you from ever repeating anything you are about to hear aloud.”

[Litzreich]: “…..I must admit I tend to be a tad loose-lipped. What happens if I break that ban?”

Litzreich responded with her usual gall.

[Rose]: “…..then you will come to regret those loose lips.”

Yet Rose-san answered with her usual smile.

[Litzreich]: “……so be it. Then I, Litzreich Rinrin, vow to never disclose what I am about to hear.”

[Rose]: “Good enough. Now, listen up. You ask why the gnomes have suddenly appeared and begun to rampage after a thousand years? What I am about to tell you is the most likely reason.”