[Iris]: “Eh?”

As I looked back up confused, Ashel-sama gave herself a self-depreciating laugh.

[Ashel]: “My apologies for the late introductions. I am Ashel Lu Aude Oshunel. The first prince of this country. I only just returned to the castle, but I knew I had to come see you right away when I heard you were already here. I wanted to apologize to all of you no matter what.”

Ashel-sama bowed her head low as she spoke.

[Iris]: “Ashel-sama!?”

[Ashel]: “Despite confronting it directly, I was unable to finish off that dragon completely, putting you and the rest of the villagers at Relton in grave danger……I am truly sorry.”

(…..awawawawawa…..)

The crown prince showed up out of nowhere, and now she’s suddenly bowing her head. How could I not panic in a situation like this?

I was barely able to keep my composure–if you could call it that–, but the direct apology from royalty had stopped any and all thought processes going on in my brain.

[Ashel]: “I had wanted to follow after the dragon as soon as it had escaped, but the damage on my party had been severe as well…… Even so, we made our way to Rifront as fast as we could, but when we made it there, a traveler gave us word. The dragon had already been slain……”

[Iris]: “…..i-is that how it was?”

[Ashel]: “After that, I received an urgent summons at the worst possible time, and I have been away from Oshunel until now. That is why my apology has been so delayed. My deepest apologies.”

Ashel-sama kept her head down the entire time she was apologizing. I have no idea what I’m supposed to do here, so I turned towards the others in a silent plea for help. Toslin and Rose-san answered that plea, calling out to Ashel-sama on my behalf.

[Rose]: “Please raise your head Ashel-sama.”

[Toslin]: “We are not bothered by something like that.”

[Ashel]: “You are…..”

She finally raised her head, and I could take a breath in relief.

[Toslin]: “Tosrillon F. Iriburgh. A pleasure to make your acquaintance.”

[Rose]: “Rosalith Cuulbacall.”

As expected, unlike me who can only bow her head and grovel, the current knight and former noble are capable of smoothly introducing themselves and providing a polite greeting.

[Ashel]: “Rosalith….. I see, you are…… I heard about you from Yuhanna. She’s always worried about you. Of course, I was too.”

[Rose]: “Sorry to worry you.”

[Ashel]: “I would ask if you had any plans on returning to the earl house……but something tells me your resolve is firm on that matter.”

[Rose]: “My apologies.”

That’s the second time Rose-san has given an apology.

The hidden meaning within this conversation does worry me, but there’s something else here that worries me even more. Rose-san spoke with Ashel-sama as if it were normal, but is that really okay? Ashel-sama is supposed to be a man right now which means Rose-san’s vow of chastity would……..

[Rose]: “……..”

I stole a glance towards Rose-san face during the moment. She had fallen silent, blinking a couple times with a clearly restless look on her face.