Between all the adventure novels I’ve read and the half a year I’ve spent together with Rose-san, I imagined that all warrior priestesses would be intense, rigid people.

But Ruruka-sama is a little outside of that warrior priestess image.

[Iris]: “U-Um, I really don’t mind at all……”

[Ruruka]: “Calvafon-sama is so kind. However, you-sama are my lord, and I cannot take advantage of your kindness.”

At that moment, after making the same mistake a second time when Luotung-sama had already warned her, Ruruka’s punishment was set in stone.

The talks bounced around after that, and I got a chance to have some of my questions answered as well.

Apparently all fifty knights are of the yellow rank and are level ten or higher.

Peachseed-san and I talked a couple times when we were traveling down the highway together, and during one of those conversations, she explained to me that level ten is a huge milestone for adventurers.

Rank and file soldiers are around level three, and you can be considered a veteran once you reach level five. Captains would be level seven. And then once you’ve reached level ten, a yellow rank, you become qualified to be hired by the country as a knight.

Fifty of these amazing people joined our knight order, all to protect me…….and I can’t fully express my gratitude.

For the next several hours the knights continued switching places, taking turns talking with me and giving me a chance to thank all of them.

We continued talking until the sun turned down and the sunset became visible out the window.

[Iris]: “Aah, my tummy is all flabby!”

[Lapris]: “Because you kept on eating like an idiot.”

[Iris]: “But those sweets were so good.”

Mmm, they really were so tasty. Marie-sama gave us a bunch extra to take back as snacks for later, but I’m positive we’ll have them all finished within a couple of days.

We are currently riding in our carriage, running down a road that had gone completely dark. We’ve already passed through the sixth wall and are making our way to the seventh.

Carol and Lapris might’ve partied a little too hard because the both of them fell asleep almost immediately after we boarded the carriage on my and Toslin’s laps respectively.

A bout of drowsiness started creeping on me as well amidst the quiet cabin. But then Rose-san started speaking from her seat next to me.

[Rose]: “Thank you for today Iris-san.”

[Saluena]: “We wanted to give you a warm welcome at the church prior to your audience with the king is what she’s saying.”

Saluena interjected in order to explain Rose-san’s words.

[Iris]: “Is that how it is? I’m happy for the gesture, but why didn’t you say anything about it? I was really surprised.”

[Saluena]: “Good, then our two week plan was a rousing success. Right Rosa?”

[Rose]: “O-Oneesama!?”

Toslin and Carol are right across from me. And then Rose-san and Saluena are sitting on either side of me. Rose-san’s outburst caused Lapris to stir and drowsily raise her head with a grunt. But almost immediately afterwards she set her head back down again before going right back to sleep.