Chapter Six

Jay's POV:

We entered Nathan's room and i saw him attached to loads of wires and confusing medical things. It hurt me to see him like this. I just felt like crying all over again.

"Excuse me. You guys shouldn't be here, visiting times are over." the nurse behind us said, talking to me and Seev.

"Can i stay here with him overnight? Please?"
I asked.

•••

Nathan's POV:

My eyes fluttered open. I was in a hospital bed. In a slightly dark room.

I looked over and saw Jay, his beautiful blue eyes red from crying.

Why had he been crying?

When he noticed i was awake i could see the excitement in his smile. His perfect little smile.

"Nathan!" He said, grabbing the tips of my hands into his own.

We stared at each other for a while and was close to kissing him when he broke the silence.

"do you need anything? Water?" he asked.

I looked around my empty hospital room and it was just me and him. Perfect opportunity to tell him how i felt about him.

"Jay.. there's something i need to tell you."
I took my hands away from his.

"but can you get me some water please? My mouth is so dry"

He nodded and left the room with a smile.

I needed to think of a way to tell him, this would be a great distraction.

My heart skipped a beat as i thought about him. And another. And another...

•••

Jay's POV:

I walked down the hallway, bursting with energy. Was he trying to kiss me? Probably just the heat of the moment.

I looked at my reflection in the vending machine, grinning like a complete idiot. An idiot in... love.

I grabbed a water bottle for Nathan and made my way back to his room.
I could hear a noise down the hall, but i just ignored it.

As i got closer, i realised it was doctors running in and out of someone's room.

And that's when i noticed, they were running in and out of Nathan's room.

I ran over to his room but the chaos was too much.

The chaos slowly started to ease itself and i was stopped from going into Nathan's room by a doctor. Holding a clipboard.

"Mr McGuiness?" The doctor asked.

I gulped. "...yes?"

the doctor continued on.
"It's Mr Sykes, he suffered a heart attack."

"He's gone."