Rose-san needs someone she can rely on.

Someone she can pass the time with instead of withering away on her own.

Saluena is the only one who can fill that role. On that day, she was the only one who noticed Rose-san’s subtle mood change at the church, and the current Rose-san needs that.

“……..haa………”

But, it really is a bit unamusing to think about Rose-san being alone with someone else……

And that is the current state of my mind at the moment. It’s that kind of hazy feeling you get when you see a good friend hanging out with other people…….? The other person is Saluena, so it’s still fine but…….

*Chirp Chirp*

Whether she understood my feelings or not, the little bird continued chirping away with an uplifting voice.

“Ah? What’s with that guy? That’s my special seat!!”

“Wa, you surprised me!”

I was in the middle of packing a suitcase with some spring clothes and other necessities for the trip in a few days when Lapris came in while straddling Uni and suddenly started shouting. As always this girl has something against flying herself.

“Hold on a minute. My head isn’t a seat?”

Lapris jumped from Unicorn’s back at my question. Her wings fluttered for a bit, just long enough for her to be able to grab my hair before climbing the rest of the way up.

Surprised by the sudden invader, the little bird gave a short squeak before retreating to my bed for safety.

“Hold on, you’re messing up my hair, so stop that.”

“What’s up with this bird? Is it a pet? If it’s a pet, discipline it properly.”

“You’re first in line in need of disciplining. Things get complicated when you randomly start talking belligerently.”

“Ah? Oh……really? But, that thing was in my spot……”

Lapris snapped her finger towards the small bird. I could tell by her voice she was getting frustrated.

“That’s why I told you my head isn’t a seat.”

Yosh, my clothes should be good like this. I can’t bring my entire wardrobe with me, so I stuck with whatever looked durable while also being cute. We will be going to the royal capitol after this after all. I will surely end up standing out if I’m careless.

“No, huh? This thing’s no ordinary bird. It has a little magic power to it.”

While I was tightly stuffing my bag together like a sandwich to try and get everything to fit, Lapris spoke up again.

“Heh? Magic power?”

“This thing here. It’s the phoenix.”

Lapris once again pointed at the small bird. Certainly when you think of a phoenix you picture a reddish, burning image. And the little bird’s wings are red.

“…..Oh. Ooooooh!? I can’t believe I didn’t realize.”

“No really, how didn’t you? You’re this thing’s master.”

Even if you ask me how, I don’t remember ever summoning her.

Ah, but Saluena came out on her own, and I suppose Unicorn usually walks around as a stuffed animal.