“Right, welcome back Iris”

There were no other customers in the store. So sharing a chair behind the counter together, we smiled at each other.

“You must have eaten a bunch of tasty things while you were gone. Have you gained some weight?”

With a smile still on my face, I brought down a hard chop right on top of Mycena’s head.

“It hurts when you hit me like that!?”

“I hit you like that because I wanted it to hurt.”

“I see!?”

Yeah, she’s no good. Mycena lacks the sensitivity to appreciate a tranquil atmosphere. She’s fundamentally a more noisy Carol…….

“Haa, why are you here?”

“Cruel! You’re being absolutely terrible right now!! And didn’t you sound a little too serious when you said it? It feels like it came out naturally!!”

“No not at all, but it is true I wonder if you’re really fine just leaving work like this.”

Mycena might seem like an inherently lazy easy-going girl, but against all expectations, she’s is currently training under her father to be a carpenter.

This would be her third year now, and it was just before I left six months ago that she was bragging about how she was finally being allowed to take a full-scale job as I felt her emerging abs.

“It’s fine. Papa told me to come see you.”

“I guess that’s fine then”

“He told me to grab my souvenirs.”

“Sorry, no. It’s not like I was on vacation.”

“That’s fine too. Iris’s cheerful face is all the souvenir I need♪”

“I see”

“So it’s fine if I take my souvenir home with me.”

“My face?”

“Everything of Iris!!”

“You sure are greedy.”

Just as I was about to blankly agree to whatever so that I could get back to writing my letters, I heard a voice coming from behind me.

“Ah, hi Mycenyan.”

“It’s always Mycenyan!! But more importantly, you’re looking cute today as well Sarah-chan!! Isn’t it about time for you to become my bride?”

“Thanks for the offer, but I can’t respond to Mycenyan’s feelings.”

“I see……damn……but I won’t give up!! I’ll come to see you twice a week!! Until Sarah-chan knits me a sweater!!”

“Ah, I’m almost finished with your sweater. You should be able to take it the next time you stop by.”

“Really!? Thanks, then let’s get married next time I see you!!”

Seeing Mycena embrace Sarah, I couldn’t help but ponder about how extreme my best friend is.

Saluena walked in right after Sarah, a severe look on her face.

And as soon as she saw Mycena run up and hug Sarah, she spoke up.

“What should I do?”

“She’s more or less an acquaintance, so don’t do anything.”

“……..okay, got it.”

Right now Saluena is wearing an apron, and her long hair is tied up with a bright pink ribbon. I gave both of them to her after she said she wanted to help out around the store.