With her face completely drenched in spit, large tears finally started streaming down Lapris’s cheeks.

“Well, let’s keep going.”

“Right”

Despite this fact, Toslin and Carol tried to continue their brutish bullying on the defenseless fairy.

“Wai, let’s leave it alone here.”

Really, I always forget how carried away these two can get when they come together like this. I step forward nervously at first, but I tried my best at getting Lapris out from the golem’s grip.

“Here, wash yourself up with this.”

Lapris snatched away the canteen when I offered it to her with a tear-stained face and used the tea inside to start washing the spit off from her face.

“Oh man. That was really funny.”

“‘Really funny’, you guys really are the worst!”

Lapris used my cloak to finish drying off her face, and after carefully glaring at each of us in turn, she ran away and hid on Quinn-san’s shoulder.

“Is that so? Now joking aside could you carefully explain this? The cause of this disaster. Do you know what did all this?”

Toslin stuck her thumb out and pointed behind her. I had forgotten because of the fight with the golem, but a lot of trees had been toppled around here. And even more unusual was the fact that they had all fallen in the same direction. We had a completely straight view as if a road had opened up here.

“Almost like………something left behind a trail.”

When I voiced my thoughts aloud, Lapris snapped at me.

“Almost like something left behind a trail? What a ridiculous thing to say. Like, really. That’s exactly what happened here. This golem was blown away when that thing came charging through.”

“Huh?”

“Charging through? You’re the one who’s saying ridiculous things here. Nothing could shatter a golem like this in one go. Let alone knocking down all these trees like this.”

That’s what Toslin was saying, but Carol didn’t look so sure.

“I would agree, but……..the golem really was half-broken, and all these trees really are knocked down………”

Carol was observing the toppled trees with a mystified look on her face.

“That’s……..true but. But what could possibly…….”

Not just Toslin, but everyone else turned their eyes towards Lapris. The little fairy made a big show of sighing on top of Quinn-san’s shoulder. She opened her mouth, answering all of us with a face like she didn’t quite believe it herself.

“A dragon.”

At first I didn’t understand what Lapris had said. I mean, I knew what the word itself meant. But it sounded so unrealistic that I just couldn’t process what it meant.

“Eh?”

Speaking of dragons, there was that lesser dragon close to Rifront, but those aren’t exactly that common. A dragon, that creature usually featured in a story’s climax, defeated this golem? And then it walked forward, toppling all these mighty trees? So in other words, there’s a dragon just ahead of us?

“Haah? I-Is this a joke? Why would a dragon……..”

“How would I know something like that? Anyways, I value my life, so I’m not going any farther than this.”