Chapter I

Meeting with the enemy

???: Asteria dear, your little brother has vanished. Again.
As: *sighs* I'll go get him.

I let go a gentle smile before walking out of the castle to the castle garden. He's probably trying to escape the hundreds guards here, as always.
I yelled his name trough the garden but no answer.

As: Xander! Mother will get angry if you don't come in. It's going to rain soon!

A few leafs falls down directly on me, I look up and what do I see? Xander on a branch trying to get Koko, our cat.
He noticed me and just let out a awkward laugh.

Xa: Asteria...Hi.
As: Get down, now.
Xa: I'm just helping Koko down sissy.

As soon as he tells that, Koko got down into my arms letting Xander speechless.

As: *pats Koko* Down.
Xa: *rolls eyes* Okie....

He carefully got down and grabbed the cat. He looks at me and ran inside. He's energetic you can say that.
Anyways, I got also inside and sat down at our many living area.

As: *puts crown down* Miss Jolie.
MJ: Yes your highness?
As: Where's father?
MJ: King Harry will be back soon mam-
Hr: Indeed, I'm already here.

Miss Jolie bowed down to him and walked away letting my father and I alone.

As: Where were you?

He smiled and kissed me on the forehead, it felt like he was worried or rather sad. I raised my eyebrow to him.

As: What happened? Is it something with our Enemy?
Hr: Well..It's positive for the whole kingdom-

I got up from Joy and hugged my father. Finally, the war between Caligo and Wendlyn is finished!

Hr: *pats her back* But not for you...
As: *backs up* What do you mean father?
Hr: *sits down and sighs*

Okay, now he really looks sad and worried. I sat down beside him and listened carefully to his sayings.

As: What?! What do you mean marrying Prince Azriel. Is this a joke made by Xander.
Xa: *walks to them* Actually this time, I did nothing.
Hr: Look sweetheart, the king there proposed me if you, my daughter, marries Azriel..The two kingdom would make piece and the citizens could finally be in..again..piece.

I got up mad and looked at him with disappointment. Does even mother knows about this?

As: And does Mother knows about this messed up marriage?
Hr: *nods* She does.
As: I cannot believe my own father is making me marry this...this..atrocious man!
As: I'm going up in my bedroom and tell the maids that I'm eating dinner ,alone, in my room.
Hr: Asteria!

I picked up my crown and ran to my bedroom tearing up. I thought I would be married to the man that I truly love! But no, I have to marry my enemy! Being a princess is hard and I hate it.

Xa: *opens door* Sis?
As: *wipes off quickly tears* Yes?

He rushes to to me and hugged me tightly. He was in my chest and didn't seem to let go.

As: Are you...okay? *pats his head*
Xa: *shakes head* No.
Xa: No because you're not okay. I know what father did isn't great but it's for the kingdom..
As: Yes I know, He does everything for the greatness of everyone..well apart me.